For any residents of New Babbage, specifically the ones surrounding the direct area mentioned on the Destinations page:
- keep build off your lands, or restrict build to group only
- make sure the group your lands are under is a group you control, or an invite-only group
- consider turning scripts off (obviously, if you're a merchant, you can't do this)
- turn on auto-return (or if you don't feel right about doing that, turn on auto-return for anyone not a resident of New Babbage)
- be polite and courteous, but don't be afraid to bounce (ban temporarily) or mute for the extraordinarily offensive
Also, I have to wonder, who does their press release work? This from the blurb under the picture:
This vast Victorian steampunk area is full of airships, clockwork devices, submersibles, and other amazing technology. It's an ideal place to explore life as it was in the 19th century.I admire that they managed to insert both "Victorian" and "steampunk", but...an "ideal" place to explore "life as it was in the 19th century"? Seriously? None of the Victorian lands, or the steamlands for that matter, are perfectly accurate according to 19th century standards of the day. Oh, there are some architectural marvels that are recreated as perfectly as can be managed, but even then, they're surrounded by things which aren't, so...does that balance out? And while Babbage has more strict restrictions on builds, even there things go a little haywire now and again.
And trust me, as much as we all love to dream about days gone by which include airships, clockwork citizens, air kraken and "other amazing technology"...that's not how life was in the Victorian era.
But then, it is a press release, I suppose outrageous hyperbole is just standard operating procedure.