02 March, 2010

tell me what it's like to be the one and only all-American girl

Colonel O'Toole's post on the Ball.
Lord Bardhaven's post on the Ball.
Duchess Eva Bellambi's post on the Ball.
Duchess Gabrielle Riel's post on the Ball.

As of this writing, I can't find Alastair Whybrow's blog to link. I'm not entirely sure it exists.

There is one thing I clearly and distinctly want understood:

"I was completely unaware that a firestorm of drama had erupted and that I was being crucified on several Blogs, in Plurk, in IMs and anywhere else people could get a foothold to scream about how horrible I am."

I am unaware of how four blog entries could, in any universe, constitute a "firestorm of drama". (Which does not include Duchess Gabi's, of course; prior to her entry, it remained four entries.) I am also baffled by how anything I have said means I am 'crucifying' Gabrielle Riel. I can only assume she's referring to other entries...none of which seem to be 'crucifying' her in any way.

"It seems that several people have turned a simple oversight into the Crime Of The Century Against The Independent State of Caledon."

I also remain intensely curious as to how myself, the Colonel, Lord Bardhaven, and Duchess Eva Bellambi constitute "several people". Still, we four do comprise a number higher than three; I suppose that's one explanation.

"...they have posted vociferous entries on their personal Blogs about how I am the Essence of Evil."

Really? We have? I agree that the Colonel tagging Duchess Gabi as the "Crazy Cat Lady" is not in any way a favorable comment. But calling her the Essence of Evil? Truly?

Lord Bardhaven didn't. Hotspur O'Toole didn't. Duchess Eva Bellambi certainly didn't. And I didn't.

So who did, one wonders? Perhaps that mysterious Mr. Whybrow person, of whom no blog-based information can be found.

LET ME MAKE THIS ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, PEOPLE.

I am not attacking Gabrielle Riel. I am not attacking Radio Riel. I am not attacking the concept of banning people from private parcels. I am not ATTACKING. PERIOD.

And believe me, if I wanted to attack the Duchess, I could on my own. I am more than sufficiently armed and I still carry more than a small amount of slight considering my departure from Radio Riel, AND WHY. How'ver, I am not attacking Gabrielle Riel, or anyone. If anyone is looking in my direction to fume and spout on treasonous behavior and carry on, you're looking to the wrong soul in all of this.

If we cannot concentrate on the issue, there is no point to the discussion.

Moving to other news.

'Would you play a Magic: the Gathering MMO?', Justin Webb asks. That's an interesting question, but I think the question is more interesting than any potential answer. I think the folks at WotC decided they have more than enough to do with D&D and new Tournament play cards; I really don't think they're interested in MMO gaming anymore.

I could be wrong, though. Would I play a Magic MMO? I adore the card game, but only until the Tournament rules changed to disallow any cards older than three expansions back. Now I play for fun, if I play at all, and most of the cards are sitting on the back shelf, gathering dust.

I still like the game; I just don't think I'd be interested in investing in an online version.

Another article from MMORPG goes into the future of sf MMOs; I'm not so much linking it for that as for the mention of Black Prophecy (they're looking for beta testers now; sign up if you want a chance at early access), entirely due to an amazing new feature. I'll let them tell you about it:

Modular ship design
Player ships are not sold as whole, but instead consist of modules like cockpits, wings, engines etc. All these modules are available in different shapes and sizes, which allows the players to customize their ships.

Item modification system
In addition to the modular ship design, players can also further customize their ships by adding modifications to their ship's modules and weapons.

Modular clan station system
Player clans can build clan stations that are expandable through a module system. Different modules add different functionalities to the station.


I don't know about you, but the chance to pick whether I'm flying a sleek gunner, a heavy battlenaught, or a tropical fish is pretty cool, all things considered. And they're pushing it farther--customize your ship! Customize your clan stations! Customize your game, that's fantastic for an MMO!

Lastly, Wales is apparently going to receive a giant sculpture of a red dragon. I realize, as public art goes, that's staggeringly expensive on the price tag--but the cool factor cannot be discounted. That, quite frankly, rocks, and kudos to Wales for dreaming it up. Y Ddraig Goch will fly again.

4 comments:

Edward Pearse said...

I am unaware of how four blog entries could, in any universe, constitute a "firestorm of drama".

My dear Em,

I realise that you, more than most, are a stranger to drama but I'm informed that drama isn't something confined to the blogsphere. I am told that, on occasion, there is drama in SL too. Sometimes in group chat, other times in private IM and even in public chat I believe. Though I'm sure your hermetic existence has shielded you from any such contact.

As for the blogsphere, how many comments do you normally receive on a post? You're up to what 20 on the last one?

Edward Pearse said...

Oh and Bardhaven mentions a record number of visits to his blog. Coincidence you think?

Emilly Orr said...

*spools out a bit more rope since Edward's clearly knotting the noose*

It's still four entries. Including Duchess Gabi's. There was more yelling and screaming over Zindra; I know, I was in the thick of it listening to everyone.

This is four entries, on four separate blogs.

Emilly Orr said...

All right, five. Including Duchess Gabi's. Even so.

And Edward? All the yelling you've been doing doesn't change the basic fact. Though as even Des has said he doesn't want to get involved with this one, maybe it's all a moot point. Nothing official ever happens in Caledon, apparently, so why are we investing energy into this at all?

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...