28 October, 2008

I sleep in empty pools and vacant alleyways

Tonight, we went back to Haunted Saddlemead.

Photobucket

Miss Lora Chadbourne's genteel haunt is back for another year, this year on its own sim, as opposed to sharing space with other operations.

Photobucket

The graveyard looks much like it did last year, with a few quirky new additions. I particularly favored this above-ground tomb.

Photobucket

The house is substantially unchanged, too. Walking inside, I have to say it's still one of the only houses in SL to make me feel tall. I suppose I adore it partially for that alone; but the look, the textures and the structure all contribute.

This year there was a change, though.

Photobucket

Fans of The Ghost and Mr. Chicken will recognize the refrain spooling through the house from the upstairs organ...though not, necessarily, the organist. Delightful touch.

We decided to take in a hay ride after walking through the house.

Photobucket

Lightning strikes were a tad too close for comfort--I had to hold my breath when we passed through the intensely stormy region.

Photobucket

All in all, Miss Lora Chadbourne did it again. Style, grace, and charm combined. It was weirdly calming, riding through the lightning on the cool autumn night.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...