23 April, 2008

when I was young and eager to please anyone who had time

The night found me at Wingfling again, prowling the scattered booths with a grunge angel and a donut-spewing metal dragon, perusing the wares at length. Only my life, honestly...This was of course, after finishing a spot of 'testing' with yet another mad scientist possessed of a tentacle fetish.

I swear, they're proliferating...

Photobucket

I'd walked Wingfling before on my own, and looked at the various offerings, but kept coming back to Miss Violaine Villota's Tendril wings, in the pale Luna moth green. I ended up having to buy them, even as addicted as I am to Miss Jen Shikami's wings, and they're very nicely detailed indeed. They can be made to flap or hold still, and come in two different attachment styles--as a solid set, or as a left and right wing, attached to each shoulder.

If you go to her main store in Wildewood, at present, she has a lovely outfit, skin and wing set available there, as well, in honor of Wingfling.

Pardoes' wings looked intriguing, colorful and very pattern-rich, but the 'particle' option made me take a demo first. Now I'm glad I did:

Photobucket

The demo wings, sedate enough.

Photobucket

The demo wings with 'particles'--aka EVIL BLING of death--activated.

Still and all, with over 180 styles at their main store in Clapton, it's a worth a trip to go see them. And they have some interesting freebies of their own.

Miss Beliria Lumley has some interesting wings at her booth, as well--most of them clearly falling under the guise of 'costume wings', but sometimes, that's perfect for the desired look.

Photobucket

This is me in her Carnival Essence Lavender wings. Lovely things they are, fluttering dyed marabou feathers and delicate strutwork, perfect to dance a summer's evening away. I think I want a non-demo set!

She also has some interesting "body modification" wings--that are actually sewn along the arms and back! Fascinating.

Her main store is in Thetis Alpha Prime.

Photobucket

Miss Morgaine Hathor runs *M* from Castle Chariot in Lida. The land is gentle and rolling, and you're invited to explore; but her shop is at the top of the main hill, so it's quite easy to find.

To date, she has the only glasswings I've seen, and they're available in four colors so far, and priced insanely reasonably. Also priced on the insanely reasonably side are her Fury wings:

Photobucket

I have to admit, I was terribly impressed with these. These are the Fury wings in Red, and they're fluttery and glowing and just quite, quite breathtaking considering the price.

Photobucket

I think I'll have to go back and get at least one more pair of each!

Photobucket

And I would be remiss indeed if I didn't mention Miss Jen Shikami, the woman behind Wingfling. And the fact that I finally have a browser that fully supports most of Windlight's features tickles me to no end! She sent me these early wing tests for Windlight and glow some time back, and not until tonight was I able to put them on and truly see how lovely they were!

Photobucket

She has most, if not all, of her wings at Wingfling, too, including a pair of lovely angelic wings for free. Just look for the gift-wrapped box in her booth!

Photobucket

All these artists, and more besides, can be found at Wingfling. Remember as well, all donations at Wingfling, above and beyond the cost of renting the sim, will still go to support Child's Play, which is a very worthy childrens' charity set up for the express purpose of helping out sick children in hospitals in five different countries.

It closes on the 27th; remember the information site if you want to read more about it; or just IM Jen Shikami in world. Either way, it's worth a trip by!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...