07 April, 2008

the beat takes you over and spins you 'round

I swear, these kinds of conversations, they only happen to me...

[19:48] Magnus Stovall: Saint of Relationships?
[19:48] Magnus Stovall thinks I have a lot of praying to do to you then and hopes you will listen
[19:48] Magnus Stovall: :)
[19:52] Emilly Orr: Eh, please, God is dead. :)
[19:52] Emilly Orr: He told me so.
[19:52] Magnus Stovall: LOL
[19:52] Emilly Orr: Though I still maintain I'm sainted, because it happened before God died.


Quarterly land prices and island prices may be going down; but on the 9th of this month, the Powers that Linden upgrade the grid. So yay for the first, we're all going to die during the second. Good to know?

Photobucket

Well, now we have a mini-Consulate building to work on. I'm not pleased at making the mini-building. But it wouldn't link up as one structure at full size.

I still need to tweak walls into place, add doors, and figure out where we want the pneumatic lifting system to go. I'm also contemplating adding roof crenellations, or at least a low retaining wall, but keeping the roof flat, for potential use as dance space.

I'm also contemplating making the structure slightly wider, to make a narrow corridor that will lead to two interior offices, in addition to the upstairs meeting room. Once the structure is no longer in 'mini-me' mode. I just don't know how wide I can make it and lose the desired shape.

I'll have to think on this.

And I've decided, event or not, announced or not, I'm spending at least an hour in the pub when I can. I redesigned my tip jar, so now it's less of a little clank, but much prettier, so yay for that. (I actually have an adorable little clank that one of the Jaegers designed, but at 49 prims, it's less than pub-friendly!)

4 comments:

Baron K. Wulfenbach said...

Fraulein Emilly,

I am glad you thought of the roof features; I neglected to suggest that earlier. Excellent idea.

The lift shaft could be extended up to the roof (perhaps a decorative feature, like Earl Primbroke's domed pavilions?) for access, or a subtly-placed teleport somewhere in the function room for roof access. The only problem with the teleport is the occasional tendency for it to throw one off the roof entirely.

Wider for hallways should not be a problem, although to avoid cramping the garden overmuch, it might need be at the expense of a little of the building length. It will have to be considered on site, belike.

The dragonfly wallpaper is interesting. It reminds me somewhat of the Duchy of Kintyre.

Good work.

Yrs.,

Klaus Wulfenbach

Emilly Orr said...

Throw you off the roof? Goodness. I've never had that problem with the teleport systems I use, but then, we are considering a rather more high-powered lift system, after all.

Actually, currently, we're distracted from the roofline, entirely. Mr. Allen is thinking on expanding the second story to create more room for the individual rooms wanted upstairs...

Frau A. S. Lowey said...

Let me know when you decide there will be an event (the next one I have scheduled is the anniversary of the First Documentation of Whisky) and we will annoy the groups about it.

I may have some wrought iron railing textrures that could work for the roof, and I will check with Tanarian to see if she has others.

Emilly Orr said...

When would that be?

I'm trying to work out a good schedule between maintaining a presence in the neighborhood, hosting gigs for Radio Riel, and of course, building.

And falling off the grid on occasion, but we shan't speak about that. :)

I think things are evening out, schedule-wise, though. And we are advancing on the Consulate, though we are about to rebuild to version 2.0. I may do an enlarged version, and just drag it over for positioning details before we drag it off again for more prim torture.

Wrought iron along the roof, rather than stonework? Hmm. Hadn't thought about that, but that would work.

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...