06 September, 2011

this day, doesn't matter where you go or what you do, 'cos if I burn, so will you

Marc Rossmiller invited you to join him on Google+

The hell, dude. Stop inviting me. I don't even know who you are.

Comcast continues to be evil; they're actually going to charge folks in hurricane paths for the service they didn't receive. I sense a letter- and email-writing campaign in Comcast's future...that is, if folks have net to send those emails...

[NPC] Wolf Spider TacOps: I have a weapon pointed at a man's head and I'm in the middle of an interrogation. Did it ever occur to you that MAYBE trotting past like an elephant could be considered an intrusion?

Yeah, maybe. But hey, I'm gone now anyway, so nyaah.

Folks closer to Disneyworld may have seen Princess Minnie-Leia before (pictured with Darth Goofy, because, well, who else would play Vader? He's the only TALL Disney guy), but the character's taken a somewhat disturbing turn. Back in 2009, a limited-run series of Slave Minnie-Leia were put out, a joint effort between George "I'm a whore" Lucas and Disney "Sure, we'll take your money for that". Which wouldn't have been so bad, itself (though it's really weird to think of 'sexy' and 'Minnie Mouse' in the same breath), but now concept art has surfaced.

Even worse? In 2010, as a joint project between Disney and Forever21, Minnie was made over as a thin, leggy sophisticate. (I am totally not kidding, click the link--there's a picture.)

Man, talk about several years of bad decisions for Disney tie-ins...

Remember the Minecraft socks from a while back? Now there are Portal socks! ...Just don't fall off testing facility cliffs in them. For those, you actually need the heelsprings.

More Steam woes, this time where Minecraft is concerned, but I'm also a bit concerned about something said by Notch on that blog post:
We (probably?) wouldn't be able to, say, sell capes or have a map market place on minecraft.net that works with steam customers in a way that keeps Valve happy.
Um...why do two-cube-tall block people need capes? Seriously, why?

There's a fairly dense but really interesting article on the new advances coming to E-Ink products. Thinner? Lighter? More pixels to the bit? They can do that. Watches are already on the market.

More from the military tech front: this time, another way to hide a tank. Apparently there's a large need to hide tanks as cows or random land features. You'd think people were trying to sneak up on each other, or something.

SL Freebie Hunters have the second part of the Twisted hunt up! So now I add these stores to the list:

51. Gothic Desires (pretty good cemetary set piece)
64. Virtual Alchemy Photography (for the Unseelie Court set piece)
69. Venomous Rage Designs (for the eyes)
75. Lolapop (for the eye necklace)
78. [noctis] (for the photo prop use of the baby carriage, if nothing else)
79. Moon's Howling Creations (for the creepy dark trees decoration)
83. Eclectic Firefly (the male outfit doesn't do anything for me, but the female outfit is intriguing)
85. Bloodmyst (for the crypt)
88. DaBuVa (because occasionally I'm a sucker for interesting mouth noms)

I hate to say it, but at this rate, I'm going to end up doing the whole hunt, and I just don't have the time...but that brings our running total of possibles to seventy-eight.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...