I DIS LIKE THE PHONY AND HATE THE UNREAL...... SO IF YOU HAVE TO QUESTION YOURSLF...... YOU NEED NOT SPEAK TO ME..Ooookay. Good to know. Also, for the love of God, STOP SHOUTING. You're making us all deaf in here.
From a conversation in DV8 group chat:
[11:51 PM] Scarlette Silvershade: Q A M on chairs!Wau. Just....wau. The level of stupid there, it's just unmatch--wait...
[11:52 PM] miharuu Aries: w8 dv8 has lucky chairs now
[11:52 PM] Anarya Elderslie: It...always has
[11:52 PM] Orian Fang: yeah
[11:52 PM] Althea Faulkland: ??? they always have...
[11:52 PM] Kranah Heartsdale: 0.o has had them for a while lol
[11:52 PM] Scarlette Silvershade: mhm
[11:52 PM] Bermillion Sugarplum: yup always
[11:53 PM] Aftershok Ziplon: miha omgeeshe hihi lol
[11:53 PM] Frozen Rage facepalms
[11:53 PM] miharuu Aries: i never seen tham lol
From later on, same chat:
[11:55 PM] tempest Heartsdale: does DV8 carry clothing for Meeroos?Gad, I take it all back. That's just about the lowest level of stup--oh, no...
[11:55 PM] Bermillion Sugarplum: lmao
[11:55 PM] tempest Heartsdale: lol
[11:55 PM] Emilly Orr: ....
[11:55 PM] Emilly Orr: Meeroos don't wear clothing.
[11:56 PM] Frozen Rage: huh?
[11:56 PM] Duvage Brandi: wth is meeroos?
[11:56 PM] Doran Shamrock: thats kinda funny, i was talking about a DV8 edition meeero with Blache yesterday
[11:56 PM] Bermillion Sugarplum: well they should <.< how cute would that bee. xD!
[11:56 PM] Emilly Orr: The latest annoying sculpted overscripted breedable.
[11:56 PM] Frozen Rage: basically a snack
[11:56 PM] Bermillion Sugarplum: yup and its so cutes ^^
[11:56 PM] tempest Heartsdale: omg that would so be awesome
[11:57 PM] Emilly Orr: Basically
Later still, same chat:
[12:11 AM] Five Zenfold: Im going to leave this group...if you're nto advertsing anything please dont spam me with dumb shit.Yeah. Okay. THAT is officially the stupidest thing heard tonight in a chat. Just damn, people.
[12:11 AM] Frozen Rage: ah ha
[12:12 AM] Lysana McMillan: Bye, Five!
[12:12 AM] Kranah Heartsdale: wow, no fun at all lol
[12:12 AM] Anarya Elderslie: Ciao!
[12:12 AM] Emilly Orr: Wau. Way to win points with the designer, Five, saying they can't run the chat how they want to run it.
Of course, I am possessed of snark tonight, so I had to let her know (it's a her):
[12:15 AM] Emilly Orr: By the way, congratulations--I think you win the clueless award for the week.Yep.
[12:15 AM] Five Zenfold: clueless huh drama in my box.. fuck you idiot dont talk me.
[12:16 AM] Emilly Orr will not 'talk you' again if you so wish.
Moving from stupid to stupid...I want to talk a little bit again about scripted pets. While we're not in the land of sim-based script limitations yet, we're easily on our way there if we don't cut out how we're using sim--and personal--script resources. Of course inventory plays into it, and how our attachments are scripted, but--well, let me use a personal example.
Got word down from the boss-lady to check over all our sims for presence of scripted pets. With the adoption of the Meeroo as the latest adowwable must-have, people are trying to sneak pets onto sims again--and those sims are lagging.
So on my sims, I went through the top scripts, and I found some memorable things that people may not adequately understand.
1. The biggest sim resource hog, hands down: YOU. That never changes. If you are stark naked, with no scripted HUDS, no scripted attachments, take off your scripted clothing, scripted shoes and scripted hair, there's still the cost of YOU on the grid. Avatars are always at the top of the resource list.
2. Second on the list, and this rarely ever varies: sex beds. Or, to be more specific, sex equipment, because of the amount of scripts that are listening actively, or that respond on a click to whatever's being clicked. Let me make this plain--I don't care what people have in their homes or skyboxen, I'm not looking for that, just pets--but I have returned and will return sex equipment that is a) on the ground and b) not in a house. Because that's on the important side--unless you're in an Adult sim, having a bondage cross in the front yard with explicitly labeled pose balls is on the tacky side, and we warn, and then return. (With usually 24 hours between the warning, and the returning.)
3. Third on the list, and this also rarely ever varies: scripted pets. In particular, your scripted pets. Whatever precious little furry darlings you're in love with this week. I haven't seen a single thing that makes Meeroos any better than Amaretto horses, Ozimal bunnies, or Sion chickens for that matter, and I'm not inclined favorably to any of them.
My advice? Read your covenant. Because if you don't, you're still bound by it, you're just being stupid about it. Or, more to the point:
* Light covenant sims in Solace: 4 scripted pets for every 512 square meters of land you rent from us;
* Residential/commercial/Adult commercial sims: 1 scripted pet for every 512 square meters of land you rent from us.
And you know what? That is not going to change unless the boss-lady changes it. I don't have any control over it, no other EM has any control over it, and we won't have a lot of pity if you have enough land to give you seven scripted pets and you have forty-two. Or eighty-nine. Or one hundred and eighteen. Or more.
All we're going to do is warn you, then send your pets back. And if your pets are the kind that still die when they're returned? Not our problem. You needed to read the covenant.
Honestly, what are some people, five? Seriously, I should not have to keep explaining this.