23 June, 2022

hand, hands getting cold, losing feeling is getting old

Today's fun and games started here:
[10:52] Marcia (marciawatkins): Hey there, can you lend me 100L? Please, I promise pay it back tomorrow. I really need pay my rent now.
Group unimportant, everyone else in it who responded has been anonymized. Not Marcia. Marcia keeps her name, as Marcia got reported (and has now been axed by the Lindens).
[10:52] [Exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx]: nope
Remember my notation for mods? Mr. E's a mod in this chat.
[10:52] dxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wow. the beggars are getting greedy. it's normally 20L, you know
Actually this is the new run. "I need to pay rent, can you give me 200L/500L?". With that *exact* phrase after: "Please, I promise pay it back tomorrow." Which tells me this is a bot.
[10:52] cxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: You just posted in another group. 1 day old account.
[10:52] Nxxx Axxxxxxxx: Two groups you asked in now..
[10:52] Uxxx Axxxxxx: 1 day and already rent fee? yeah yeah.
[10:53] vxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lol
[10:53] Rxxxxxxx Nxxx: i'l gladly pay you tuesday for a tofu burger today
[10:53] [Axxx Dxxxxx]: Taken care of
[10:53] [Exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx]: Pff they left the group faster than i could ban them
The lass above this is another mod, and both of them tried to ban Marcia, but Marcia hit exit before they could.
[10:53] [Exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx]: dammit
[10:53] cxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lol
[10:54] Uxxx Axxxxxx: thank you.
[10:54] Bxxxxxxxxx Gxxxxx: That is not a begger, it is a hijacked account. You should report those so SL can can freeze it.
[10:55] axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: a hijacked 1 day old account?
[10:55] [Exxxxxx Rxxxxxxx]: There really is not need to hijack a 1 day old account
It's not a hijacked account.
[10:55] Rxxxxxxx Nxxx: I man if I was gonan take an account it wouldn't be 1 day old.. less they got no taste
[11:19] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): No, one day old account isn't a hijacked account, it's a bot.
[11:22] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): reported anyway.
When I reported it, I found something else interesting. First, this bot repeated the pattern of the others I've seen over the past few months: general white female face on the SL bio page, and on the FL bio page, a full name, full address, age and phone number. Why? Some of the addresses have tracked out as fakes, but others aren't. Why?
[11:22] oxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: are we still talking about this
[11:30] Emilly Shatner-Orr (emilly.orr): Nah, just took a bit from the last comment to reporting.
The FL bio image, by the way? This one:

This is not Crystal Colette.

This is most assuredly not the bot that popped up in this chat. I'm fairly sure her name isn't even Crystal Colette, because as far as I'm aware, this is Crystal Colette--and she's a redhead.

So why do this? Are people still this gullible? I guess so, or they wouldn't farm so many bots out to throw out the Linden nets.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...