25 June, 2022

you were my lesson I had to learn, I was your fortress you had to burn

This one goes back a ways. I can't remember if I blogged about this before, but early on in the pandemic, I put together a list of simple recipes for new home cooks, as well as virtual exploration destinations for folks trapped at home. That was clear back in 2020.

This put me on some kind of...list.

I got three messages from Lish Babela, one in December of 2021, the following two in January of 2022, two weeks apart, recommending her site's list of virtual museum tours in Singapore. But it didn't stop there.

Mary Pauline Maido let me know she had a site of virtual museum tours in Ireland in January of 2022. Then Katrina Lapid sent me a set of virtual tours of New Zealand. That was in February of 2022. She sent another email twice in March of 2022 with the same exact information.

In Aprille of 2022, she emailed me again. I just wasn't sure what to say. Then I got an email from Apple Smith...and got incensed.
While we have transitioned to a new normal and can finally go out and about, some of us are still homebound.
We can 'finally go out and about'? I don't know about your region, Apple, but where I live? People are still dropping in place. We still have eight hundred deaths on average a week, and over one thousand new cases a day just in my county and the county next door, let along the rest of the state. This is NOT over, and I highly resent your chipper, breezy conviction.
The [blog entry] you shared have given readers a timeless way to be active and productive. You also brought them to places at the comfort of their homes with the tours!
This would have been a comfort to hear, were it not preceded by the blind arrogance of the first sentence. As it is, I do not think you're speaking sincerely, and I wish you'd stop speaking to me.
They can also visit “The Couve” through our well-curated Virtual Tours in Vancouver, where we’ve personally picked only the best! It’s a one-stop page for all the great places they can visit from museums to art galleries and more.
Great. Linked. Anything else?
This is gonna be a fun trip!
Die on fire,
Best,

Apple Smith
I hope your favorite book is made into a hugely popular film with a terrible cast by Uwe Boll.

Is everyone HAPPY NOW?!? I'm crawling back under my rock and blocking you all if you write me again. Dear gods.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...