28 October, 2021

hush, hush, hush, here comes the boogeyman

Tonight, being unsettled, I went to find a haunt. I found myself at Hushed, picked spur-of-the-moment from the Editors' Picks in Destinations.

Wasn't my best idea.

hushed1

I'll give them this, the entrance point is atmospheric. A back-country road, autumn leaves falling, and the ghostly letters hanging in the shadows spelling out "HUSHED".

hushed2

The problem? Most of the rides aren't, most of the things that look like they can be walked through can't...it's a vast collection of set pieces with nothing more than that. There's no 'there', there, is what I'm saying.

hushed3

This is not to say it's completely unenjoyable. This fellow, for instance, while standing in front of essentially a cardboard cut-out tent, is someone I haven't seen a thousand times before, like many of the other clowns. And there was a fun little haunted balloon piece next to him.

hushed4

The one ride I found that did work was the Haunted Mine--or, as the lights spell out here, the Nightmare Tunnel.

The less said about that, the better.

hushed5

And...that was really about it. This hovering skeleton with the halo of leaves was neat, but again--just hovering in a field that was otherwise undisturbed, next to a horse that didn't seem at all affected by the floating apparition of bones beside it.

They...tried? One skull for that, I guess.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...