26 October, 2021

I don't know if I can open up, I'm not a birthday present

hello-trainwreck

Oh, hello trainwreck. Guess this is your station. Keen.

I meant to mention Buzzard's earlier this year; I'd been asked to come to the combination dance/live performance/wake for the fellow the troupe who built this haunt lost in 2021. It was...I mean, wakes are also melancholy, but also, sadness and joy, drinking and dance, and in that sense, it was a good time.

buzzard1

But, between one thing and another, I didn't get back to go through the haunt for days. Due to...well. Still. Here now.

buzzard2

The main haunt seems to be your typical insane aslyum-gone-wrong, a trope I'm not particularly fond of, but there are some nice touches. Like this guy. And the occasional bit of "Dominique playing randomly in the background, a song which was used to stunning effect in American Horror Story, and has a bit of a haunted history all its own.

buzzard3

Let's bring up game rips again. I hate them. I hate haunts that use them. But at least here, they're used thematically--the mad children from American McGee's Alice, Alice herself shows up in one of the rooms in a straightjacket, another version of her does slowly spinning circles in a wheelchair--it's still not great, but it could be worse. This particular one, the Little Sister model from Bioshock, I could honestly see in an asylum setting.

buzzard4

Most of the upstairs is the Childrens' Ward, and again, some nice little details here and there. This very very purple bed and bunny, for example.

buzzard5

Once you've gone through the labyrinth, you find yourself in the remnants of a destroyed city, which leads to a lovely haunted walk to the next attraction. Again, several nice little details here and there.

buzzard6

And I have always loved this clock piece. I used to know who made it, I've forgotten since. Someday it will be mine if it's still available.

buzzard7

And this was another wonderful little effect.

All in all, I have to knock off a skull for the game rips, but even with that, they get four full skulls. A lot of heart went into this, and you can tell. Kudos to them.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...