18 October, 2021

the first haunt of the year: Skullingtown!

I know, dear gods, I know, I am SO behind. It has been...not the best October in several ways. Not as bad as the October I spent trying to crawl through Octoberville's hunt while going in and out of the hospital a few years back, true, but--definitely not good.

And, since all I was doing was sitting at home spinning my gears over how much is mounting up for me to do, I thought--a break is definitely needed.

skullingtown1

So welcome to Skullingtown. I love that right at the front gates, they have Candle and Cauldron's carved turnips hanging from a tree. Very cool.

skullingtown2

They've got a lot of fun little effects scattered around. This one spawns bats when you walk next to the coffin.

skullingtown3

Of course, I am the gifted nitwit who found a way to change seats on a carousel and stop the darned thing, so this picture was from the side...

skullingtown4

Boogie's awaiting guests...

For the arachnophobes, yes, there are spiders; no, none of them appear to move.

skullingtown5

The big house on the hill is really just one room.

I think I have that wallpaper.

skullingtown6

And there's a tower! Because of course there is. You have to jump a bit, because the lower stairs have rotted away, but past that, it's accessible. Just be careful near the edges--apparently not all of it is as there as it should be.

All in all, this is a perfectly charming all-ages haunt, atmospherically lovely, spookily cheerful, and a great jaunt to start the season. Five out of five skulls.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...