31 October, 2021

there ain't nothing in my hourglass, just sand from a dead sea

The veil between the worlds thins, fades in spots, allowing wandering souls on both sides to peer through--and perhaps cross. A night of wonders and terrors, masks and subterfuge, deception and revelation, becoming its own form of honest expression. And in the thick of it...a wandering soul searching for home in every place but.

Tonight, knowing my mood was not ideal, I tossed over various ways to end the season. Try to find a non-disappointing new ride? Visit the Belasco mansion again? Take the unbelievably gory Linden haunted house tour?

Moochie1

And...no. I needed something less complicated. Possibly even less haunted. So I ended up at All Hallows at Moochie's.

Moochie2

Back when Maia Gasparini owned an in-world store (I believe her nail designs are still sold on Marketplace), All Hallows would frequently feature a hunt. A fairly challenging one, even.

Moochie3

These days, though, it's just what you see here--a half-sim of autumn trees, warming fires, carved pumpkins, and hanging lights, with occasional places to sit and have a cup of cocoa or mulled cider.

Moochie4

I don't know how long it's going to be open past tonight, but I'm fairly sure it should last until November 1st, at the least. Unless Ms. Gasparini was on the sim tonight as I wandered, specifically to take things down. I don't know.

Moochie5

What I do know is it's still a quiet, lovely, perfect autumn sim. Sit and contemplate the flames, have a cup of something warm, listen to the quiet waves wash the rocky shores.

Moochie6

And it accomplished what I wanted, in the end, which was some mood elevation. Gain a bit of perspective, get my feet back on the path, breathe, and ground, and center. And while I left the sim still (relatively) stressed, by the end of the night I was smiling more, feeling better, and, due to some very dear friends, in much better spirits overall.

Which is not the worst way to approach the dark half of the year. Past tonight, the days grow shorter, the nights longer, and this half of the world, at least, slowly sinks into sleep, to wait for the thaw. It's a good thing to remember. The seasons cycle, and we cycle with them, ebb and flow, grow and fall. It's all part of the process.

So have a blessed Samhain if you celebrate such, a happy Hallows if that's more your speed, and a good candy day if nothing else. See you after the veil closes.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...