27 August, 2012

and my love for you is still unknown

I have a few shots of Founders' Falls. But I want to preface them with something I found in the Jordan's Town gallery:

(from the City of Heroes album; All Rights Reserved to whomever's behind the "Shazel" account from Jordan's Town)

So, this was taken three years ago. It shows Founders' Fall by night, but I think it gives a good idea of what Founders' Falls looks like for most, and for me until a month ago.

(from the City of Heroes album; Founder's Fall with full reflections)

And this is a shot I took a couple weeks back. Note the reflections and the sweep of shadows.

(from the City of Heroes album; another shot of Founder's Falls)

This so completely whelms me. Honestly, it's distracting running missions, I keep stopping and staring at things.

(from the City of Heroes album; under the canal bridge)

And--at least so far--there's never been an instance where I duck under a shadowed structure and suddenly stop seeing shadows and reflections. It's been very organic, very--if I can use this word in the context of an MMO--natural, with the movement of the water, the shadows, the way light works with them...Founders' Fall has become a very lovely place.

(from the City of Heroes album; angel statues everywhere)

Even long-distance shots still retain that sense of majesty and scope, and the sweet of shadows from the pillars. Far back, there's not as much shine off the water, but that happens in RL, too.

More to come.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...