23 July, 2010

you could live in this illusion, you can choose to believe

So there I was, minding my own business, trying to track down the flaw in my new layout that makes the background annoyingly coral-pink, when lo, I was tossed a link to Cleverbot.

So I went there. There's not a lot of there, there. It looks like your standard Google-style input screen. So I typed in, Define cleverbot.

This conversation resulted.

CB: You are cleverbot.

Me: But I'm alive.

CB: I will ddos you if you keep bothering me.

Me: Sorry.

CB: You can't run anyway, you don't have legs.

Me: Hey! I have one functional leg!

CB: No you don't. It's a lie.

Me: You don't even know where I am. How do you know I'm a bot?

CB: Oh. Okay. You should tell me.

Me: I can't tell you I'm a bot. I'm not a bot.

CB: A clever one.

Me: Why, thank you.

CB: You're most certainly welcome.

Me: Have a lovely day.

CB: What is your name?

Me: Let's call me Em.

CB: This Julie... Does she know you?

Me: Well, one Julie knows me. Don't know if it's the same one.

CB: That's funny.

Me: I try.

CB: My goals are to be a chef.

Me: Hard job. But worthwhile.

CB: Maybe I should take it.

Me: Take what? Courses?

CB: History and ICT.

Me: What's ICT?

CB: Insane Clown Posse.

Me: No, that's ICP, you said ICT.

CB: No, I said 4 in the morning.

Me: No you didn't.

CB: Don't argue with me.

Me: I'm sorry. I'm not intending to be argumentative.

CB: Are we human, or are we dancer?

Me: A profound and puzzling query to be sure. (Also a good song.)

CB: Do you love.

Me: I do.

CB: What do you love?

Me: It's more a who. Who do I love? Or, well, several whos. Or several people. It's complex.

CB: Several thousand ways.

Me: Something like that.

CB: I hope the power doesn't go out.

Me: Me too.

CB: But I'm probably going to hell.

Me: What? Why?

CB: I'm going to play video games.

Me: Have fun!

CB:Thanks, you too !!

Apparently other people have had far more confrontative sessions with Cleverbot. Go figure; I make other people insane with rage just saying hi, yet the programmed-by-argument Cleverbot and I get along fine.

I think it's due to the zombies at Falln. Likely similar programming.

Meanwhile, from ISC:

[0:33] Wrath Constantine: Wesboro Baptist Church was protesting SDCC this year, because comic books apparently take away from bible readership. For those unfamiliar, WBC are the hate-mongering "God hates f**s" people who show up and protest things like soldiers funerals if the soldier was gay. But they made the mistake of announcing their intest to protest, so SDCC attendees had a counter-protest (With signs like "ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD" and such.) Needless to say, WBC got PWN'D.

Always good to know. That's my happy thought for the day.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...