29 October, 2009

in your coldest blood, with your own two hands

The fires grow brighter. Heated metal heavy on the air. Smell of burning oil and coal heavier. I've been here before. Stupid to think a few months of peace equaled a lifetime.

And I must make note, I must try to remember--'love' does not always equal 'friend'. And it does not always equal 'trust'. You'd think I would have learned by now, but I can be so very stubborn, where my wounded heart is concerned. This time, I say. This time it is different.

But this time I thought it was...

Photobucket

In Izumo sim currently, there is a mini-rail tram ride based around Japanese cemetaries and haunts. It's a solid loop, so if you're not careful, you can find yourself going around in circles. And it is not a short tram ride. But it's a lot of fun.

Photobucket

There are a lot of interesting effects along the way, at least two that interact with you and the tram itself, and it seems to be a haunt that can be enjoyed at midday as well as midnight. So many of the haunts rely on darkness for atmosphere, and I won't lie--it's refreshing to find one that works in sunlight.

Photobucket

There are some places with severe switchbacks, or ramps up, and at these times, the car may reverse itself and start back for the beginning. This is to be expected with heavily scripted rides; just keep in mind, rezzers for new trams are found frequently around the track.

Photobucket

Twice the tram leads you into a large and seemingly very solid black box. If you've never been to a Japanese haunt attraction before, I won't spoil things by telling you what you'll find. There are some free items (and some full-price holiday items) available just outside the large black box, and there are things to do and see inside the large black box. Do wander, after you're done riding the train.

Photobucket

All in all, it is a thoroughly charming tribute, and a very pretty layout; as much as I know I am on one side of the glass, and the grid is on the other, I found myself thinking how marvelous the forest was...as if the forest were real, and I merely an avatar wandering it. They did a great job, and it's worth the trip for that alone.

All in all, if you have the time--it does take a while--I heartily encourage anyone who wishes, to go. At the very least, the most genuine chills you'll find on the ride? Are when the physics bork and you find yourself sliding backwards, down through the sim into the deep water, or off the track entirely into the air!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...