31 July, 2007

can't keep believing, we're only deceiving ourselves

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is it sad that I really like this image? (Click on the pic for the full one, which, if you've been to the main site, you've seen.) I mean, at least it has a little personality. They know the Mongols are at the gate, battering it down, and they're trying to use humor to defuse the situation.

I don't know, I'm less angry--I mean, if it is a system-wide grid attack, really, what are they supposed to do? New Roma wasn't built in a day, after all--than I am resigned. So many folks now are talking about finding new worlds to discover. But I'd miss this one, deeply. I'd miss Caledon. I'd miss Steelhead. Hells, I'd miss Rivula.

Still...it's telling that for this series of "world outages", the main reaction is seeing if there's another game in town, so to speak, rather than worry over what's happened to the grid. When the big replicator attacks happened last fall and winter, no one jumped up and said, hey, let's go see what's going on in Kaneva! Hey, is Outback Online open for testing yet? What about Active Worlds? Is the Manor better than it sounds?

Is SL dying? Maybe. Am I willing to jump ship now, though? Of course not. I'd miss...everything...far too much.

It's just disheartening, right now, to hear so many voices speaking of leaving...and now this.

Maybe it's just another grid attack, and we'll be up and functional in no time. I do hope so.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...