24 May, 2022

heart is a storybook, a star burned out

Sometimes, love dies from abuse. Sometimes, love dies from neglect. Sometimes, love dies from absence.

Back to the train wreck.

And sometimes...love doesn't die at all, and we just wish it would...

If it's not on fire, it's rusting out.

I've been here before.

And it never gets easier.

Breathing in ash is easier with coffee.

I asked him today for a hug. Well, no, let me be precise--I said I would ask him for a hug, but I didn't know if that would offend him.

I got back the lines of severance sent by someone else, the new ban firmly nailed in place.

I guess that's his answer.

The stars are still dark.

Maybe it's a good thing, knowing that another fracture in my heart won't destroy me. Maybe it's a good thing that I know how to shore up the weak spots, and continue on. Maybe it's a good thing I know how to operate under stress.

Or maybe these are all terrible things, and they're just familiar to me.

I don't know anymore.

This is where we are.

But this is where we are, I guess. No repairing what's broken, ever. No discussion. No further contact. No...more. No more anything.

And I get to be the pillow over the face of love, quietly smothering it until it gives up and stops kicking...while my brain protests there has to be another way, and my heart screams it's not supposed to be this way at all.

And now I hold the line.

Well, I agree. It's not. But here we are. And here, we unfortunately stay.

And the walls go up, and the gates within will be reinforced, and the list of those that have access to anything past the courtyard will be narrowed further...

But, to use a phrase I loathe...it is what it is. And I have to accept it for what it is. And find a way to move forward from here...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is the pain of loss. There is the pain of dashed hopes. There is the pain of dreams dreamed only to awaken to the cold light of day.
But the pain of a love that's been broken... that is it's own special pain.
There is no cure for such pain, other than time. Just know that there are those who still love you, that support you, that understand, and give of their own love in order to make the pain less.

Love you my darling
[M]

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...