29 April, 2020

we've all come to say goodbye

Snippet of a scam:
[15:58] Dxxxx Rxxxxxxx:
[15:56] AnneWilliamsNurmi: hey nice avatar...im new to this game and saved 490 of those linden things from a contest and camping...im trying to get this skin/shape combo for 700...i feel bad for asking but can you please lend me any amount so i can get it?...if not thats fine too
this woman/person pinged me with this message as soon as i dropped in via (store's) lm
[15:58] xxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i just got the same message too!
[15:58] axxxxx Rxxxxxxx: he said the same to me[16:03] Wxxxxxxxxxx Sxxxxxx: I like how the trademark of these scams is "those linden". you can always say it's from the same source, 15 years in the making. Probably a bad translation that stuck[16:03] exxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i got that too, i blocked them lol 
Wow. I first heard that three months ago, the EXACT same line--490 of 'those linden things', need 700, 'feel bad for asking', et cetera. The avatar who hit me with it was male, though. But apparently they never bother to change the spiel.

And no, Ms. Anne does not get anonymized, because innocent hacked by scammers or not, she's a danger now, so people need to be warned.

And some very sad news today: I just discovered Uccello Poultry has died from COVID-19. She will most certainly be missed. She was irascible, opinionated, brash, occasionally offensive...and also a true heart on the grid, who was loyal, intensely protective of those she cherished, and always willing to lend a hand in a building question, script puzzle, or simply to resolve issues she ran across.

That's...I didn't know her that well, but I didn't know her that well for years, and if it's a blow to me, it must be heartbreaking for her brother, and her closer friends. I wish them all well, and I understand the pain of loss.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...