02 December, 2019

on the rooftops they dance, Valentino-type tangos

There is good and bad news in this.

After meeting someone with an Altamura head (which I mistook for Akeruka), I joined the Akeruka group. I demoed a few heads with my usual tragic failure rate. Then I drifted over to Valentina.

This is Valentina after the base shape tweaking:

Altamura-Valentina

This is my normal system look:

system-Em

That's...really close. Like, the closest I've come with any mesh head in three years of searching. And it's on sale...for another day.

The bad news? Akeruka only accepts Omega appliers, I believe. But that's not the big problem. The big problem? I don't have L$1,750 to buy it.

In the end, honestly, I don't care how much I pay for a mesh head--honestly, I'll put things aside and save for it, even though I'm tragically inept with personal finances. I care about how much it looks like the me in my head--the system me. So while yes, the price tag is a sticking point, it is something to keep in mind.

But that price tag. So, the search goes on.

In the meantime, Schadenfreude is showing this off at the SaNaRae event:



I showed this to an actually Jewish friend. I didn't think it was amazingly accurate, but I was amused about holiday tentacles. He said he would have wanted a better place for the shamash, and I agree--it's pretty much just plunked on top of the creature's noggin.

But come on, nine different metals, sixteen different candle color options, all for L$175? I think a little historical inaccuracy can be allowed.

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...