28 December, 2019

there's nobody missing, there is no reward, little by little we're cutting the cord

So, the conversation was about food, and I was only halfway following:
[20:38] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Pad Thai, everyone?
[20:39] mxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: whats pad thai?
[20:39] Vxxxxxxxx Ixxxx: oh yum
[20:40] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: OOoo it is lovely! Noodles and veggies and eggs and meat on rice noodles in a spicy/sweet/smokey sauce!
It is pretty good. Here's a fairly easy recipe for it that comes with both printed and video instructions. And this one says it'll be on the table in thirty minutes (though I think that's exclusive of prep time).
[20:40] Gxxxxxxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: its a Chinese rice and noodle dish
Thai noodle dish. Actually.
[20:40] mxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ooooo
[20:41] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I made it!
[20:41] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: : ))
[20:41] hxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: mmm i love Pad Thai
[20:41] Gxxxxxxxx Axxxxx: Not to be confused with Muay Thai . . which is pain. :-p
Well, that's definitely true. The Thai boxing style tends towards fast and lethal moves, more than escape and subdual.
[20:42] mxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oooo
[20:42] mxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: is it?
[20:42] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Need cucumber slices with it! I forgot those!
[20:42] Vxxxxxxxx Ixxxx: I recently had it for the 1st time recently and OMG it was so good
[20:42] Rxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: IO know I will be hte
Meet Ms. S. This came out of nowhere, and I was puzzling over what "hte" actually meant. Was she drunk, or just couldn't spell?
[20:42] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: O wonderful, [Vxxx]! Welcome! lol
[20:42] dxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Pho is Still my favorite.. lol
Now, real pho soup takes 24-48 hours to make properly. Here's a quicker version. This one's called "cheater" pho, because it's even easier. And this one's a multi-step chicken-based version. None of these are traditional, but they'll taste enough similar to pass.
[20:42] Rxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: hatd
Still confused. Hate? Hatted? Had?
[20:42] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Pho is wonderful, too!
[20:43] Rxxxxxx Sxxxxxxx: everyone hatesd Jewxs
And there it is. Really? This is a freebie and sales announcement group. Beyond that, the discussion had been about foods they enjoy. Where did this come from?
[20:43] dxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 0.0
[20:43] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: My apologies, everyone.
[20:44] Axxxxx Dxxxxxxxx: I watched an episode of American Test Kitchen/Cooks Country, and Julia made Pad Thai, it lookd good
[20:44] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I deeply apologize.
[20:44] cxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: What was that [Rxxxxx]?
[20:44] Mxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: that was a bit random.
It really was.
[20:45] cxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Who does everyone hate?
Apparently, "everyone" hates Jews. Which is sheerly ludicrous. And why that comment in this group? Out of the blue. It's bizarre.

Oh, and this idiot joined three years after I did, which makes her over ten years on the grid! So she is more than old enough, in SL and RL, to KNOW. BETTER.
[20:45] Vxxxxxxxx Ixxxx: what was that about?
[20:45] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Move on, please.
[20:45] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: If I could I would remove it, but I cannot.
Sadly, there are limitations to being a mod, but I'm not sure even a group owner could strike someone's stated comment once published.
[20:45] cxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: A friend of mine got booted for criticizing a product.
That happens, yeah. I've been kicked from a group for asking a question.
[20:45] Mxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: when i seen that I scrolled up to see her having her own conversation that didn't match anything of what else was going on in chat.
I wasn't in world for that, so I only have this.
[20:46] cxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: But its OK to post anti-semitic hate messages?
No. Keep in mind mod H can't delete a comment from chat. Possibly the Lindens could, but I don't think anyone else has the power levels necessary to do that.
[20:46] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: [Jxxxx]? Do you see that poster in chat?
[20:46] Dxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: you cant stop a comment in chat only boot after the fact
[20:46] hxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: It was taken care of.
[20:46] cxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Good. Banned?
[20:47] Vxxxxxxxx Ixxxx: I am glad it was taken care of
[20:47] Mxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Group hug! Everyone have a happy new year
! [20:47] Pxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: you have a happy new year too
Things went on from there, in far less bigoted ways, so I stopped the capture here. But I'm still baffled. Someone thought this was appropriate to say two days after Christmas. Really? REALLY?

Not to mention we're days away from the second decade of the 21st century, and if people are still holding on to such laughably outdated ideas, they really need to just sit down and shut up. Maybe they'll learn something that way.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...