06 December, 2019

misguided, high-minded, I'm missing the train

This made my brain snicker briefly:
[22:12] Sxxxxx Jxxxxxx: can anyone tell me where was the Jenny located?
[22:13] sxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxxx: in my lap...
[22:13] Sxxxxx Jxxxxxx: that's nice..but not the Jenny I'm looking for I'm sure
[22:14] mxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no forests jenny .....lol
[22:14] Sxxxxx Jxxxxxx: lol
[22:14] mxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: is the one he has
[22:15] Mxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wanna get the jenny ?
It's starting to sound like the "Who's on First?" routine.
[22:18] jxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wow! Everybody wants me? :)
I have to slightly de-anonymize this one to make her answer make sense; her first name was Jenny.
[22:19] Mxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ohh
[22:20] Sxxxxx Jxxxxxx: lmao
In other news...more spam from my inbox.
Hi Emily,
The name has two L's.
I'm Anife, representing [another useless search engine mill] the #2 job search engine in the world.
I guess you gotta be proud of something.
As we are having our network base getting bigger we would like to offer you a partnership with any hidden cost or meaning,
Which is it? A hidden cost, or a hidden meaning?
The idea consists of placing a banner ad (shown on the image attached) of the services you r offering on our high traffic page, starting off our barter type of cooperation with asking you to indicate [the search engine mill] as a job partner on your page.
That should be "you are offering", but near as I can make out on the enclosed image, they're going to somehow list my blog's banner (which, uh, I don't have) alongside their ad banner? How does that even work? How is that profitable for them?
Let's discuss the details,
No.
Onward
Go away.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...