05 May, 2019

the kids are all wrong, the story’s all off

Did a bit of updating this morning, so now, all the charity links on the left lead to where they're supposed to go, no more redirecting to the blog or wrong links given. Sorry about that. Also, added another tip service--and again, I'd love to be paid for what I do, but I don't insist on it.

There are also two new charities listed at the top of the sidebar. One is supporting the victims of Cyclone Idai, the other victims of Cyclone Fani. Both areas have been hard hit; in India, for Idai, over a million people have been evacuated. So the usual, here: give what you can, if you can, and thanks.



Next, some fashion photography oddity. Or at least product art oddity. It's not like this outfit doesn't have potential, for certain moods. My sole complaint is, why show the bunny ears if they're not included in the set? (And they're not.) Why raise expectations like that?

It's like whenever I come across White Widow's booth at events--it is nearly impossible to tell if they're selling the skin, the hair, the lingerie, or the tattoo. (They make tattoos, but the pictures are always vague enough to confuse. Could also be selling the shape, too.) If I have to stand in place for five minutes trying to figure out what's on offer, the maker is doing something wrong.

But as is, the Meli outfit would have been a guaranteed sale with the ears. Without them? I'm not as interested in forking over L$350 for the combo set. That may be petty, but I'm very much against showing off things that clearly aren't on sale in product art. (Note: I don't mean something like, they're selling lingerie, they're showing hair on the avatar, or they're selling a vehicle, there's an avatar posed next to it. But if I'm buying a dress, I want to see the dress and know that's what's for sale. If I'm buying full-perm templates for outfits to make, I want to buy everything in the product image that is outfit-based. That's not to much to ask, is it?)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...