06 April, 2019

and the five o'clock show, hello hello (part one)

Rest in peace, Vonda McIntyre. She was one of the founding voices of science fiction, and she will be missed.

In other news, I went to the opening of the latest Art Divas show, a little gallery in Diloba.

I took...a lot of pictures, that's why this will be split into two parts.



Downstairs, when one enters the gallery. Just past this standing easel, is a small seating area and the pictures of the core group of four artists who belong with this gallery.



Up to the second floor. Ms. Caldwell chose, as her representation of spring, a series of heavily filtered poppy pods. This one, I'm not sure if it's digital or actual photography--as in, are these in-world poppies, or real ones? I can't tell.



Then to the other side of the second floor, where Ms. BittsyBoo's exhibit featured a series of photos she'd taken for Sakura, featuring the Blossoms. Yes, that's me on the right.



On the left, an alternate image of Ms. Violet Scrivener, I think, from the one that's in the foyer along our portrait walls. I also adore the cherry blossom wall decals.



On the left, Ms. Lynn Mimistrobell, in the utterly impossible dress. It's even more stunning in person--it looks as if a single breath will drop it in a silken slide to the floor.

(Continued in part two.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...