01 November, 2018

Scenes from a Chat: Totally Clueless edition

Oh, brother. This went stupid places.
[21:44] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: before i get kicked out can anyone prettyplease with cherries on top gift me 10ls :S
[21:45] Emilly Orr: Please be kidding.

[21:46] Rxxx Cxxxxxx: go away....far away
[21:47] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: thank youuuu
Oh, great, someone paid the leech.
[21:47] Emilly Orr: Because you don't sound like a bot, I'm not going to report you, but TRY not to do this again. That is a great way to GET blocked and reported.
[21:48] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: its okay
[21:48] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: i just needed 10ls n i have noone online
[21:48] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: just for a hunt gift thats all
[21:48] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: im very greatful
[21:48] bxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Get a JOB
I bet you are, and it''s "grateful". But I also agree with the above. Earn your own money, don't beg. Too many scammers are pulling that routine to trust anyone who asks for funds these days.
[21:49] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: i hope everyone enjoys thier night
[21:49] Emilly Orr: Listen to what I'm actually saying. My instant reaction is USUALLY to screenshot the chat, pull your name, and send the snapshot and a full report to the Lindens under abuse.
[21:49] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: maybe i can be a baby dj :p
I didn't catch this at the time, I thought she meant a young, inexperienced DJ. But this becomes relevant later.
[21:49] Emilly Orr: I didn't, because you didn't sound like a bot. But I could have. And others MAY have.
[21:50] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: um okay well im sorry if aking for 10ls bothered anyone
[21:50] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: i have said thank u n i havent asked for anymore
[21:50] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: sorry for whoever got offended
[21:51] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: im not one of those creepy people that go to group n group asking for lindens and they get n still want more
No, you're just a creepy little...yeah, that'll come in later on too. We move on.
[21:52] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: this was just onces in a life time
[21:52] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: well i think thats enough explaining
[21:52] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: i dont think a begger will explain themselves so much
[21:52] Emilly Orr: Yeah, as you're in full on defensive mode, and all I was trying to do was explain. Enjoy your night.
[21:53] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: nno defensive im sorry u feel that way u too
That would be "once in a lifetime". Also "beggar". So...I thought that was it, I'm walking away, I'm going back to my night...Twee li'l jerk IMs me.
[21:54] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: im sorry u felt that way i was also explaining myself
[21:54] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: didnt mean to be rude or anything
[21:54] Emilly Orr: I get that. I was trying to tell you there's dangers in asking blindly. That's all.
[21:54] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: ok i understand
[21:55] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: tysm for letting me kno
[21:56] Emilly Orr: Sure.
So I pulled her profile.

She's eight years on the grid. There is zero excuse for her not knowing these things. And she's in twenty-four (at least) kids' groups. Oh, did I mention? She's a child avatar.

So, okay, maybe she's not actually a disturbing freak--I will admit, I have a bad attitude about a lot of SL kids because more than a few of the ones I've dealt with personally are a) creepy and b) annoying beyond all reason, but if she's just one of the relatively few "normal" ones, then does she ever use her brain for more than hair storage?

I am so done with her. I didn't report her, but I may well block her twinkly butt for being just too stupid to breathe.

And we're still not done, fer gossake:
[21:55] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: people dont like people to come on sl and beg for lins
[21:56] Cxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxx: i dont like it either but i just needed 10ls n i was thankful for it if i had more then one person send me 10ls i would send it back
[21:56] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: so if you dont want people to say anything to you dont come on and beg for lins
[21:58] mxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: prob i see was asked once now we have a 11 minute conversation about it
As I see it, that's entirely the fault of little Miss M. If she hadn't started it, there wouldn't have been the conversation. There is no hunt on the grid that I know of that ended the night this all went down (three days ago from the time this posts, due to haunt coverage), so...she could have waited. The fact that we had to break down the possible consequences for her personal idiocy--and the fact that she still didn't get it--is galling and deeply frustrating.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...