11 November, 2018

if you feel you've exhausted all your options

So, the usual rules apply: I will anonymize all but the terrible spammer, but it is from a fashion group I'm in. I say that because I mention it, so it's going to be obvious. Here we go, starting with a tiny snippet from yesterday:
[2018/11/09 22:22] cxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: N.V.I.D.O.L.Z.N.R.
Now, this happens a lot in this group. Some people allow letters to be called in their group, some don't. This one does, so we see letters constantly. This is not an issue in the least. But the very next thing that was said:
[2018/11/10 23:06] CristinaOhio Resident: .
[2018/11/10 23:06] CristinaOhio Resident: That's
it
!
I'm leaving her name intact, for reasons that will become abundantly clear later. But that is all she said. Why? What did it mean? Nothing else was said in the group for hours, so...I let it go.

But today, came this:
[11:32] CristinaOhio Resident: .
[11:32] CristinaOhio Resident: That's
it
!
That is the exact same thing she said yesterday. And unlike yesterday, that was how chat opened, so I have zero idea what spawned that response.

But today...I felt I needed to ask.
[11:33] Kxxxxx Bxxxxxxxxx: o.0
[11:33] Emilly Orr: You've said that before. What are you talking about?
[11:34] mxxxx Rxxxxxxx: talk clear
[11:36] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ok we got ya
[11:37] pxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: I tried to take part in the conversation but thanks to chat lag I am just home alone talking to myself like a crazy cat lady. Thanks for that SL.
[11:37] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lmao
[11:39] Kxxxxx Bxxxxxxxxx: lol
[11:39] Emilly Orr: Yeah, but I meant, Cristina said THAT EXACT SAME THING, spaces, spelling, everything--yesterday.
[11:39] Emilly Orr: Proof:
[2018/11/10 23:06] CristinaOhio Resident: .
[2018/11/10 23:06] CristinaOhio Resident: That's
it
!
[11:39] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: spammmm
Now, yes, it's obvious, but at the time...was this spam? How was this statement spam? I didn't get it.
[11:40] Emilly Orr: So now I'm wondering why. Is she a bot? Is she irritated about something? is she going to answer?
[11:40] Kxxxxx Bxxxxxxxxx: rolls eyes and goes back to djing
[11:40] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: a bot the clothes/store isnt even connected to [fashion group]
[11:41] Emilly Orr pulls the profile.
[11:41] Emilly Orr: Wow. I've never seen so many advertising groups. She's terrible at her job.
She really is. Here's her total SL bio:

Old Lady Complete Avatar [redacted SLUrl to go buy it, supposedly] 
And her groups, they're just...well, insane. Here's her group list:

  • *PROMOTER SERVICE* (Portuguese advertisers)
  • !!!!!!SPAM THAT [SH*IT]!!!!!! (From that group's bio: "THIS GROUP IS FOR CLUB,SIM,AND STORE OWNERS! SO IF U GOT SOMETHING TO SALE, LIKE LAND,HAVE A PARTY GOING ON..SPAM YOUR [SH*T] IN MY GROUP ***FREE OF CHARGE***." Yeah. That is direct from the profile bio, corrected only to censor that one word. Punctuation and spelling errors left intact.)
  • !Publicidade (Portuguese name, English--sort of--bio. And by "sort of" I refer you to this last line: "Is not a joke is our work." Yep.
  • #ULTRA MEGA ADVERTISER#
  • $$$ Propaganda e Marketing $$$ (This group and the above group are pay groups, btw)
  • $$$$MONEY MAKERS$$$$ (From their bio: "FOR ALL YOU BUSINESS OWNERS AND MONEY MAKERS OF ALL TYPES!! FULL RIGHTS TO NOTICES, INVITES AND GROUP CONFERENCES. KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL. WILL HAVE MONEY GIVE AWAYS COMING SOON-ONLY APPLIES TO GROUP MEMBERS!!!!"
  • ''SPAN REINOS UNIDOS'' (Another Portuguese spammer group)
  • **ADVERTISE HERE - ANUNCIA AQUI** (Their bio says "Bilingual advertising group, any business, any product or services (except for sexual content". Oookay.)
  • *-MAX de PUB-* (a French advertising group)
  • *Advertise that Shit* (Another bilingual advertising group)
  • *Spam* (From their bio: "Advertise here 6 notices a day and group messages each 30 minutes

    No bots.
    Abusers will be ejected without warning"
    I...guess that's a good thing they recognize spam is annoying? Still seems odd.)
  • GINEVRA QUEEN OF SPAM SPAM SPAM (Their bio is WILD: "in this group u r free to comunicate all your activities free chat spam (with moderation)!!! if u need to send a notice with pictures, landmark or object give me the text and the attachments and i send it to all members (just 30L for every notice!!!)" Gosh, what a deal.)
  • SpamBox.Publicidad.Second Life (Their bio is telling: "SPAM SPAM SPAM
    The best Spam group in secondlife
    Publicited your business 24 hours .
    Non stop." They're also apparently bilingual, Portuguese/English.)
  • THE BEST OF SL ADVERTISING NETWORK
  • ULTRA MEGA ADVERTISER (This one's outright lying to people: Their bio says "You can ADVERTISE and SPAM here in this group chat as much as You like FOR FREE." But it's a L$100 pay group.)
The rest of her groups? They are ALL MM/mini-mania/Lucky Chair groups, with the exception of this one fashion group.
[11:42] Emilly Orr: Okay, problem solved, then. Blocked.
[11:42] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: so true em
[11:43] bxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: guess thay have to spam since the stuff is so low quality
[11:44] Miss Cathy (purepansy): You never see quality designers spamming
Not generally, no.
[11:46] Gx Lxxxxx: If you dont like to be spamed you should left the group or block spammers
Gx apparently is a mod in this group. But I didn't quite understand what they meant.
[11:47] Emilly Orr: That's rather unfair, isn't it? If I join a group I'm joining for info or chat FROM the group, not random terrible spammers.
[11:48] Emilly Orr: Like, if I'm in a fashion group, I don't need to know that that latest hip, hop, happening club is having a Latin Dance so CUM ON DOWWWWWN....I don't need that. I need information FROM the group. Period.
[11:48] pxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Yeah I'm going to qut [fashion group] because of an [a**hole]
[11:49] Emilly Orr: I'm not, I'm just saying that's a rather unfair conclusion, that by joining a group, I am somehow fully agreeing to random spammers wanting money, or wanting me to pay their rent, or wanting me to buy their cars, or whatever.
[11:50] pxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: From [fashion group's] Group Profile: **** NO SPAM!!!!! *****

EJECT AND BAN

Chat is only ** [fashion group] ** issues
[11:50] pxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Kiss it
[11:52] Emilly Orr: [Cxxxx], why are you being so hostile?
[11:52] Bxxxx Gxxxx: JUST STOP
[11:52] Bxxxx Gxxxx: NOW
And it wasn't important enough for me to press it, so...I let it go. Blocked the "Old Lady"--who is nearly six years on the grid, and who should darn well know better--and moved on with my day. It's just not worth it some days, debating with people who fail to grasp the issue.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...