05 November, 2018

and it's hard with your head in the ground

Well, this was certainly odd.
[14:52] vxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: Hello, let me degeh please. The skin is not enough?
[14:52] Emilly Orr: Pardon?
[14:53] Emilly Orr: Also, what means "degeh", please? I am not familiar.
I looked it up. Ms. D's profile is fairly barren, all I know is she's Russian. (Her SL bio:
Я вовсе не странная... Просто у вашего общества узкие рамки «нормальности»
Which seems to mean:
I'm not at all strange ... It's just that your society has a narrow framework of "normality"
at least according to Google Translate. Yeah.)

But "degeh" seems a baffling concept. In Farsi it means "What else?" But Google asked me if I was actually interested in searching "dige", which gets weirder. It's a town in China, that's all Google's hit so far. But it did ask me if I meant "dije", instead, which is Spanish for "said" or "I said", so...I'm just baffled. What did she mean?
[14:55] Emilly Orr: What exactly are you asking, [Dxxxx]?
[14:57] vxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: give me 100L$ on the skin pleasss
[14:57] Emilly Orr: What skin?
[14:58] Emilly Orr: Who *are* you? How did you get my name?
A few minutes later, I gave up:
[15:09] Emilly Orr: Okay, I guess enjoy the rest of your day. I have no idea what you want.
I really don't. If I had to hazard a guess, she was asking blindly for money to buy a skin? But here's the thing. I have zero groups in common with her, at least the ones she has openly listed. And, since I logged back in from the jaunt out today to vote (I voted, I highly recommend my US readers do the same, if you haven't already), I have been exactly five places beyond home:
  • Copacabana Rio (to tap a single MM board and leave, which was a request from a freebie group I'm in);
  • 7 Deadly s[K]ins (which is a skin store, but she didn't contact me until I was at the last stop);
  • Carrie's Lingerie (who only carries skins for their costumes, currently only seen in the VIP skybox);
  • the FaMESHed event (which okay, has skins, but again, she didn't contact me until I was at the last stop);
  • and KOWLOON, to check out their gift festival. (Turns out it's a tote festival, as in, buncha totes for free or cheap. Sure.)
So...how did she get my name? What skin did she need that mysterious hundred Lindens to get? The grid may never know.

2 comments:

Technology Intelligence Agency said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emilly Orr said...

Technology Intelligence, I removed your comment. I don't allow people to advertise services not connected with this blog. Since I only rarely advertise for anything myself, this does limit my options for accepting advertisements. Hope you find hacking support elsewhere.

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...