14 May, 2018

take it easy Arlene, don't give me no lip

Well, this is just a terrible friggin' idea. Listen--I know we're all paranoid since Teen Grid closed. I know a lot of sims don't want any possible connection to ageplay in any way. I get it, okay? But this is not the way. This is the worst level of tattletale coding, and from what I understand from the article, it's something I could be involved with without even knowing it, and that's a dangerous road to go down.

Think about it. Say I'm wandering--me, an RL adult, outside of some extremely rare occasions playing an adult, officially rated Adult for all sims--in my Kemono, and I found a cute little romper that I wanted to wear on the MP from someone. Unbeknownst to me, they've put this coding in, and since they tell makers to make it a no-mod script in a no-mod item (we'll save the no-mod rant for another day, thanks), I'm likely not even going to check to see what's in it before I put it on.

So I'm happily wandering and then suddenly POOF--no warning, I'm banned from someplace. I have no idea why. I try to go back, can't. I contact the owner, and if everyone's on a rational page that day, maybe I get back in to look that sim over. But in all likelihood, if they look at their "Agegate" system software, and see my name, then they're going to get their back up and say I was bounced for very good reason, and I'm some kind of low, illegal pervert for even asking to get back in. And if they're really in a mood, they go off and report me for being an ageplayer on their sim.

That threatens my account and I never did a thing. All I did was wear an outfit. THIS IS VERY BAD, PEOPLE.

Elsewhere...



The Manisha does not function.

That is all.

(Yes, there's a story behind this, but I just wanted to save the image, so...presented without context.)

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...