12 September, 2013

smirking between dignified sips

Seriously, at this point, why bother wearing pants at all?

So, I've gotten involved in a few new groups. And, for the most part, I'm just trying to keep a (fairly) low profile, until I get the feel of the group chat. Sometimes, my best intentions don't matter, because I'm not the one making trouble.

[00:13] dxxx Sxxxxx: [cxxxx] i have warned you onve before about that disrespect and ridicule
[00:13] dxxx Sxxxxx: we do not allow it here
[00:14] dxxx Sxxxxx: group moderator isues warning to cxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx


Now, in this group, this is fairly standard. There are several group moderators, so there's usually one in the chat at any given time. They're very strict about keeping conversation free of personal insults, rude language, and discussion of products and games other companies make. Most of the time, this renders chat fairly civilized.

[00:15] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): dam

I'm also stating that I'm keeping the display name, if not the actual avatar name, of this fellow intact. For reasons that will become manifestly clear later.

[00:18] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): hmm
[00:18] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): no
[00:18] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i dont run from noone


Now, keep in mind: this literally came out of nowhere. The moderator online at the time was disciplining another group member, not this so-called "Vampire From Hell". So his reaction was unexpected and confusing.

[00:18] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i know they say your god
[00:18] Sxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: 0.0
[00:18] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): but
[00:18] dxxx Sxxxxx: excuse me?
[00:18] Emilly Orr is confused
[00:19] Fxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: WTH


So say we all. But Sudden Confrontation Man had more to say.

[00:19] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): dam i rached something
[00:19] dxxx Sxxxxx looks outside for full moon...
[00:19] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): this time
[00:19] Sxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: do people ever check what box they are typing in? lol
[00:19] Emilly Orr: Define "rached"
[00:19] Emilly Orr: And not usually


I looked it up. The only thing Google tossed me even vaguely relevant was from the Urban Dictionary, of course. And it didn't seem to make any sense in this context. "Rached" being something that is ugly, disgusting or gross, or "just plain sad". So "dam I rached something"...means...he uglied it up, somehow? Or...something like that?

What?

[00:19] Txxxxxxxxxx: [sxxxx]...um ar eyou by any chance on a phone ?? because your IMs are crossing over
[00:19] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): definealone
[00:20] Emilly Orr: 0.o
[00:20] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): soemily is one i need to talk to
[00:20] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: lucky her
[00:20] Sxxxxxxxx: how about actually talking to her and not us lol


I began to have premonitions that this conversation was going to go more pear-shaped than I thought.

[00:21] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): ok lets talk
[00:21] Sxxxxxxxx giggles
[00:21] Emilly Orr pulls the profile and raises an eyebrow.
[00:21] Emilly Orr: On second thought, don't bother.


Why did I say that? Because this is his SL bio:
LOOKING FOR TRUE LOVE IF YOUR A LIAR DECEITFUL DONT BOTHER IM DONE WITH FAKES AND PEOPLE DONT KNOW WHAT LOVE MEANS


HELLION KING OF HELl

LIFE BECOMES DEATH, DEATH BECOMES LIFE WHEN I DRINK YOUR BLOOD!!!!!!

FEEL FREE TO MSG ME IF YOU ILL WILL WHATS THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN BE BITTEN LOL

I MAY BITE AND CLAIM YOUR SOUL but i may fall in love with you to hehe kidding

WATCH YOUR ASS CAUSE YOUR STILL NOT PROTECTED FROM BITES AND SOUL POSSESSION
I've left everything intact as I saw it on the grid, deranged spacing, EXTREME CAPS and all. I had strong, strong reservations about dealing further with this person.

[00:21] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): your call
[00:22] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: omg...i try to keep this chat open for info and to learn...but there is so much crap anymore...it isn't dating service...a club hangout
[00:22] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: wtf
[00:23] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): im not hear to date
[00:23] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: are you fishing or hunting?
[00:23] dxxxx Sxxxx: o.0
[00:23] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): imhar fo

....
What. The hell. Does that. Even mean? "Imhar fo"? Did he mean "I'm here for--"? And if so, what was he here for??

And now we had two confrontative souls. Wonderful.

[00:24] dxxxx Sxxxx: this is a community chat room

Which is a good point, actually, though it's one this particular mod has to make at least twice a week, it seems. It is a wide, diverse community, linked only by our desire to make Lindens and have fun doing it. With that as the only solid connecting factor, yeah, conversation ranges wildly.

But--me being me--I thought I should answer that question as if it were to me, because I was feeling a little irked over being singled out by the VFH.

[00:24] Emilly Orr: Me? Fishing, until/unless a good coin hunt pops up.
[00:24] Fxxxxxxxxxxx: lol
[00:24] dxxxx Sxxxx: chat is not required to be fish or coin hunt related
[00:24] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: i wasn't referring to you Emily


Always good to know.

[00:24] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): im actually for something else
[00:24] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx)): actually
[00:24] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: fine
[00:25] Emilly Orr: Okay.
[00:25] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: but to me...and several other people i know...it is completely out of hand anymore
[00:25] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): luaim sorry
[00:25] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): about that
[00:25] Txxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: this group has over 18 thousand members.
[00:26] Pxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx hugs the chat box "its like a circus that i dont have to pay to get into"
[00:26] Lxxxxxxxxx Axxxx: circus on freakin meth


Well...opinions vary, but...yeah, sometimes.

But, with much trepidation, I thought nothing was going to get done unless I tackled the VFH in IMs. So off I went to do that.

[00:26] Emilly Orr: All right, so...if for no other reason than to prevent the rising tide of irritation in the chat...What *are* you here for?
[00:26] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): answers
[00:27] Emilly Orr: To?
[00:27] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx)): i was told i could rachou
[00:27] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): hears thenote
[00:27] Emilly Orr: Define "rachou"
[00:28] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i was told it be hostil
[00:28] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): at first
[00:28] Emilly Orr: Not hostile, just don't understand what you mean.


And I really, really didn't. I had no clue what he was on about.

[00:28] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): im hear to find answers and to hel you
[00:29] Emilly Orr: 1., Answers to what, and 2. help me how?
[00:29] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): well i was told you would tell me
[00:29] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): when i got here
[00:30] Emilly Orr: I don't know you. Did someone mention my name?
[00:30] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx)): a high ranking officer in past town
[00:30] Emilly Orr: Uh-huh...
[00:31] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): your name was given tome
[00:31] Emilly Orr: Who are you again?
[00:32] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): im hellio
[00:32] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): hellio
[00:32] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): hellion


Man can't even spell his own name. I didn't understand any of this.

[00:32] Emilly Orr: No no no, I mean...I haven't RPed anywhere in years, I'm not in Bloodlines, so really, I have no clue here. What are you after?
[00:33] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i was told you say that
[00:33] Emilly Orr sighs.
[00:34] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): said you was at war aed need help
[00:34] Emilly Orr: At war with whom, and need help from whom, with what?
[00:34] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i dont know ask them
[00:35] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): im repeating
[00:35] Emilly Orr: Okay, and 'they' would be...?
[00:35] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): they toldme to tell you they was your queen


I wracked my brain. The only queen I've ever had was a long time ago, in an rp sim far far away, and I'm not talking to her anymore, anyway. Beyond that, I had no idea who he might mean.

[00:36] Emilly Orr: If she was queen of the Unseelie court, not interested.
[00:36] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): no
[00:37] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): queen of hell
[00:37] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): the one that gives yo fire
[00:37] Emilly Orr: Don't have a queen of hell. At least, not one I've ever met.


Which, as far as I know, is still true. This was so very, very baffling.

Meanwhile, in the main chat...

[00:34] LadyWxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wow so many ppl with nice pleasant atitudes wow so amazing
[00:34] Rxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: yeah somebody please pass the happy pills :)
[00:35] LadyWxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: according to the mods here its been a ful moon for 2 weeks now
[00:35] LadyWxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wow im amazed at the briliance in here
[00:35] dxxx Sxxxx: o.0


Oh, the sarcasm...but this becomes relevant later. Just keep in mind that "LadyW" was in the chat.

[00:37] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): you might want to look
[00:38] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): youhave one
[00:38] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): that how i was sent
[00:39] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): lets fire rise
[00:39] Emilly Orr: If you say so.
[00:40] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): are you lettingme threw
[00:40] Emilly Orr: I don't know who you are!
[00:41] Emilly Orr: I don't know who you're talking about, I don't understand the war references, I'm not IN any court...There's a lot of confusion here, and it's all coming from you.
[00:42] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): well im used to hate
[00:42] Emilly Orr: There's no hate. I just don't understand.
[00:42] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx)): ihave worked with most
[00:42] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i was told to talk to o you
[00:42] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): by queen
[00:43] Emilly Orr: So how's that working out for you?


I will own, I was getting a touch frustrated at this point.

[00:43] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): well
[00:43] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): goo
[00:43] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): good
[00:43] Emilly Orr: Okay.
[00:44] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): looks like here two opeions
[00:44] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): youkillme
[00:44] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): ori kill you
[00:44] Emilly Orr: ....
[00:45] Emilly Orr: Where did killing come into this?


My brain. I really thought brain cells were starting to actively die at this point. I had no reference for any of this, and the VFH was NOT helping.

[00:45] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i was told you like to fight
[00:45] Emilly Orr: Are you sure you're talking to the right Emilly?
[00:45] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i want to do things peacefulffy
[00:46] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): if they told me right
[00:46] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): yes
[00:47] Emilly Orr: I don't like to fight.
[00:47] Emilly Orr: More to the point, I don't fight well.
[00:47] Emilly Orr: Though I do tend towards the durable.


Which has always been true, in rp at large. I can be injured, I have been injured, and I'm sure I could be killed. That it hasn't happened yet is mostly luck, not my fighting skill. Because I have none.

[00:47] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): youknow
[00:48] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i never nerber been beatien
[00:48] Emilly Orr: So who, exactly, told you I was this aggressive hellspawn who needed help with some mysterious war?
[00:48] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): someone yu know
[00:48] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): queen
[00:49] Emilly Orr: Name.
[00:49] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): well
[00:49] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): she said was mom
[00:49] Emilly Orr: I don't have a mother in SL.
[00:50] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): are you sure
[00:50] Emilly Orr: Dead sure.
[00:50] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): iits not a title
[00:50] Emilly Orr: Never had one. Never had an SL family in any way.


Which, again, is true. I've had, and in some cases hope I still have, very dear friends, but that's different. I've had loves, but while that makes them family, in a sense, that also makes them close enough to me that they're likely going to meet RL family at one point or another--or already have.

In none of these cases have I ever, not even once, called any woman on SL "mother". It's never happened.

[00:50] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): well she seemed to know you
[00:50] Emilly Orr: Name.
[00:52] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i have given you much and yonot given me anthhing yet
[00:52] Emilly Orr: You haven't given me a single verifiable fact, just posturing.
[00:52] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i ihave gave you that
[00:53] Emilly Orr: Yes, yes you have. Lots of vague pronouncements, lots of posturing, lots of 'you know' and 'this will happen'.
[00:53] Emilly Orr: And you know what? I don't *have* to keep pressing for more information from you.
[00:53] Emilly Orr: You don't want to tell me who she is, fine. My life goes on. No gains, no losses, I'm in the same place as I was before we started.
[00:54] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): but like you
[00:55] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i wont for noten
[00:55] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): you want it
[00:55] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): ill give it to you
[00:55] Emilly Orr: You started this conversation. I'm just playing along.
[00:55] Emilly Orr: I'm still convinced you're looking for a one-L Emily.


Meanwhile, in the main group chat...

[00:58] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): who is lady emily

Seriously?

[00:57] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): hmm
[00:59] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): i think i found out who
[01:00] Emilly Orr: Oh?
[01:01] HELLION Vampire From Hell (sxxxxxxxxxxxxx Hxxxxxxx): ilook for [LadyWxxxxx]
[01:01] Emilly Orr: Good luck.


LadyW, wherever you are, I hope you got more from the VFH than I did. And that he made whatever sense he was planning to make, regarding the war, your hellish queen-mother, and whatever else he was blathering on about.

Me, I'm still trying to ponder how he confused "Emilly Orr" with "LadyWxxxxx Rxxxxxxx". They're not even spelled the same!

SL is deeply odd at times.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...