18 September, 2013

cross the rose rings and tie the leather ribbon

I'm excited about this. Used to be, once a year, Lokii Violet would host a DJ set on one night with all tips and donation proceeds going to the National Kidney Foundation. This year, she had more interest, so she decided to go bigger--like, all of five days bigger. And creators jumped on her bandwagon to join the fun.

As Lokii put it earlier:
"We've got a steampunk revolution. We're tired of all your so-called evolution. We've got it back to 1886 - don't ask why that's how we get our kicks..."

A Clockwork Spiral has opened! A dark and steamy event for five days only set on the sky island port of call above Cursed.

Two new releases of High Society and Victoria with 6 colors in both, and two special fade limited release sets with proceeds for the Natl. Kidney Foundation. Donne the goggles!
Indeed. Starting today, and going until the 22nd on the Cursed sim, you'll find items to adore and inspire, and I can't wait to go and wander. This year (which is my way of saying, I hope this is the first year of many), the theme's steampunk, obviously, so all the makers did their best to come up with appropriate gear.

Discord Designs was one of them.

(from the Charity efforts album)

So first up: goggle hair!

(from the Charity efforts album)

This is "Abney" in Brunette, with the "Munchflower" tattoo hairbase (also in Brunette). I'm not entirely sure this style is flattering to me personally, but the goggles are amazingly detailed.

(from the Charity efforts album)

Honestly, I'd wear this one for the goggles alone, they're that impressive.

(from the Charity efforts album)

And the "Abney" in Pillarbox Red (showing the right side of the goggles, because it's detailed all the way 'round).

(from the Charity efforts album)

There's a new "Codie" style, called "Corroded", which isn't exactly steampunk, because ethernet cables didn't exist in the 19th century.

(from the Charity efforts album)

On the other hand, I can so see this getting used, a lot, on heavy SF rp sims. I like this one. I may wear it for the rest of the day.

(from the Charity efforts album)

And the best thing about it is how realistic it looks on the head.

(from the Charity efforts album)

Now, this is "Teagan" in Discord Red, which is an older style, but the new styles didn't go as well with the "Teal" fascinator hat I wanted to show off too, so here you go.

(from the Charity efforts album)

It's also menu-scripted to change colors.

(from the Charity efforts album)

And it comes in a larger size, for which I forgot to hit "add", and just hit "wear", so...killed the hair. Oops.

(from the Charity efforts album)

Still. Really impressive. I like that the metal rivets change colors; I'd like it if the feather changed color, too, but still, very nicely done.

(from the Charity efforts album)

And one last shot of "Codie" in Corroded, because damn, she did a good job with the texturing.

(I'm wearing Nomine's "Cohawkin" steampunk dress, half because I love it to death, and half because Nomine's closing at the end of October, which still makes me sad. The boots [which you don't see] are old, but they're from Lassitude & Ennui--do go check them out, they're doing what they did before, but in mesh now, so they're not only much less primmy, but much more detailed.

(The eyes are from Rue, her "Rose Eclipse" eyes, with the mesh additions. They're more than slightly unnerving, with the AmberFawn Doemance skin I've got on [made by the Sea Hole back when it existed]...but I like them, so nyaaah.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...