29 November, 2010

she could feel the ocean fall and rise, she saw its raging glory

This is not a gay man's outfit. This is a straight man's outfit from the seventies. It's considered gay now because it's so goddamned retro it seems insanely gay--and I mean that in the likes-to-suck-penis way, not the disparaging way.

X tries playing Vindictus--I bring you part one and part two. Vindictus is graphics-heavy, physics-heavy, and takes a terrible toll on my system, so I'm honestly not sure how long I'm going to continue to play it. Also, there are things about the game that profoundly bug me--in that, I want to track down the designers and KILL THEM WITH FIRE way, not something that's just mildly inconvenient.

Like, upon exiting the game, my computer restarts. Every damned time. Every time I open the game, I have latency--lag, in other words--like you would not believe, and every time I close it--boom. Black screen. Restart.

That is really, REALLY annoying, and it makes me dread opening the game, because I then know I'm going to have to close it, and I pray at that point that anything in the background I was working on, I'd saved before doing such a colossally stupid maneuver as close the damned game.

Nexon? This is on you. This is idiot coding. FIX THAT CRAP.

“December is the toughest month of the year. Others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, October, August, and February.” ~Mark Twain

The Twisted Christmas Hunt has started--I'll be giving you a list of linked hints, if not actually doing the entire thing with pictures. That was grueling the first time, I don't know if I'm up to doing that again.

I'm towards the end, because I literally finished everything the very last day entries were open, but hey--I'm in it! And don't confuse this with the Twisted Krissmus hunt--that's through DV8, those bastards that encourage folks to hide things INSIDE OTHER PRIMS, and other completely underhanded hunt 'tricks'. Whole separate hunt entirely.

2 comments:

Serenity Semple said...

For the Vindictus thing you might want to ask Caraway if she's on next about helping you with that. If you don't disable it or you accidently allow it there's a pop up that shows up when you close the game. It may be freaking out your computer or something. She's really good with computers so she may be able to help and she's also gone into the program folder and disabled things which supposingly help it run better.

I really enjoy the game so if you're on East Server ya can look up Serenii. XD I play wayyyy too often. Also, sorry for seeing this post late, they inplemented a huge update on Dec 1st which may have fixed some things. :3

Emilly Orr said...

Alas for Vindictus--I really, really liked the game, but I just never had the time to properly run through it.

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...