11 March, 2023

lay down and whisper to its roots "won't you take my sorrow from me?"

So, take two on taking the horns out for a spin!

The 'Ahriman' Draped horns.

I went to Strange Matters, a Macbeth-centered art sim. "Foul Whisperings" is right, lines from the play repeat if you have sounds on.

And I forgot the hair I picked to wear with them had wee horns already, so...I tried to make the horns disappear, which I accomplished, but failed utterly on making the hair that wraps AROUND the hair also disappear? Bother.

The 'Ahriman' Draped horns.

This is a very odd sim. Randomly clicking things may port you elsewhere, or shunt you up a level, or introduce you to an endless staircase and a court chamber beset with ghosts...I would say it's worth a visit for that alone, the randomness effect.

The 'Ahriman' Draped horns, close-up.

This was as close as I could manage, because there's so many places to focus on on these. The drape is either whole, or tattered; there's a separate chest drape (I don't show it off, but it does exist), and with the number of things you can choose to recolor, these can be wildly variable. You can make them solid, cored with swirling colored aether, or cored with moving magma.

The 'Ahriman' Draped horns, closer in the word garden.

They have a word garden! 'Ware the reaching hands.

Horns and height and birb.

Mes! I found a birb!

Big damn bird, even. Carrying a dagger. (And if you sit on it, it flies out of the nest and takes you somewhere else.)

The 'Ahriman' Draped horns with HUD.

And I'd finished the sixth picture, thinking I was done, when I looked at the one past that...which had the HUD. So here you go! End picture with the HUD showing!

It looks complicated, but if you understand the breakdown, it's really not. "Horns" will tint the entire horn, inset channels and outer structure. "Solid horns" omits the inset channel. "Drapes" will give you whole silk draped between the metal rings, and "Tattered" will change that whole drape to a tattered one.

"Aether" gives you a delicately eerie, almost starfield-swirl of glowing motes suspended in whatever color you picked for the channel. "Magma"--which is actually the option shown here, but I picked red for the horns and pink for the magma, so it's hard to see--gives you a more molten-seeming core through the channel (and is also animated).

As it happens, due to unfortunate delays, this event actually opened on the fourth, and it's now the eleventh, so--uh, sorry? But it's still open, and this will land you at the center (where hopefully, you'll get a beacon to follow for the booth).

They're going for L$388, which is a huge discount, so if you love these as much as I do--leap on them before this month of We Love Roleplay folds up!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...