11 April, 2022

I'm happier than ever, at least that's my endeavor

gatsby1

Currently, Chronicles and Legends is running The Great Gatsby shopping event, and it's grand--any fans of the forties or dieselpunk can find items that, while from the 1920s-1930s, might work really well in their builds, too. But that's not the point of this entry.

gatsby2

Let's talk about %Percent, and Ms. Plato Novo instead.

gatsby3

I really liked this entire set. Even biting my nails, wondering how I'm going to save enough Lindens for Fantasy Faire upcoming, I really wanted this set. So, last night before I left, I made a splurge purchase--the Burled Wood side of three items (because I felt they'd go better in upcoming builds).

gatsby4

And, as much as I love copper, I decided to go with the brass table lamp and fan from the other side. I had decided against the chandelier--though, in going back to grab pictures for this image, I decided to pick that up as well--but what I really wanted was that mirror.

gatsby5

Yes, I know. Getting a mirror that actually "reflects" in Second Life requires photo editing. I get that. But look at it. It's so pretty.

But...there was a problem. This was the notecard I sent the maker:
Hello, Plato! I really wanted to buy the set tonight, but I'm getting an odd message from the mirror:
[21:18] %DeMille Wall Mirror (multi) *MESH* Vendor: Sorry Emilly Orr , it seems that I am missing the Materials Enabled.
I thought somehow, I was caught on decor, so I cammed in very close, made sure I was fixed clearly on the vendor, and:
[21:19] %DeMille Wall Mirror (multi) *MESH* Vendor: Sorry Emilly Orr , it seems that I am missing the Materials Enabled.
So...I have no idea what's going on? But whatever is is, cannot buy the mirror.

I'll check back, but please, get this fixed when you can? I know I'm not the only one who wants that gorgeous thing.

Thanks in advance,

Em
Now, all I expected was a note in return at some point, saying the vendor had been fixed. If I hadn't heard anything back, I would have checked back in a day or so. Instead...I got this:
[08:53] Plato Novo: (Saved Sun Apr 10 22:41:29 2022) Hello! Thank you for writing! I went and checked, and you were correct - the wall mirror vendor wasn't working correctly. Completely my fault, and I'm so sorry!
[08:53] Plato Novo: (Saved Sun Apr 10 22:41:56 2022) It refunded you each time you tried, but I'm sending you the item now. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for letting me know! :)
And she sent me the mirror.

Friends. Just fixing the vendor would have been enough. And trust me, I do not expect to be handed gifts when something goes wrong. But if I may be so bold, this is exactly how an issue should be addressed, and it was a beautiful way to handle it on her end.

Designers of things are people, too, and people can make mistakes. Especially this time of year--and I noticed when grabbing her main store's link from her profile, and saw all the event groups she's in--when there can be multiple overlapping (or near overlapping) events. Always be polite, approach the issue with respect, do NOT yell, and be professional.

And nine times out of ten, you will get that same level of respect in return.

(And seriously, people? You could do worse than to wander her profile anyway--she has some great links. She's a fan of the Virtual Hotel Chelsea, which to this day is a great venue for fans of live music and live poetry, where people can also rent rooms to mingle with fellow Bohemian souls. She also co-owns Virtual Soho, which I've seen a bit of, and adore--I may never make it to New York, as the farthest I've ever been east in the US is Wyoming--but I adore tributes to the city that's made so deep an impact on so many.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...