19 April, 2022

I stare at my reflection, I don't know who I am

Did you know you can now see the entire Book of Kells in digital form, online? This work has been foundational in terms of design for fabric, needle art, paintings, and calligraphy, and I'm beyond thrilled it's now out there in its entirety.

And look look look! Tannhäuser Gate's in the Sci Fi Con hunt! We're even the second listing. I'm so thrilled. And this is the prize Dejah made for the hunt:

Martian flyer prize

It FLIIIIIES. And it's so gorgeous. I can't stop squeeing over how pretty it is.

Speaking of pretty...I...guess...welp, finally decided to hit Dollholic again.

Dollholic

This is...still way too twee for me.

Purrfect Hideout chair

Okay, Short Leash's "Purrfect Hideout" chair is cute. Won't lie. Petplay oriented, several different color options, cuddles up to adult--unfortunately only for couples. L$899.

Shine platform shoes

Yet again, though, there seems to be a fairly even mix between "this is babygirl/petplay gear, not Doll gear", "this could be at any fashion event in SL", and...things like this, the Shine platforms from PerveTTe. Don't get me wrong, these look nicely made, but my brain automatically assigns these as stripper heels, because RL, I've known a LOT of strippers for whom this height is the automatic default.

But what makes this doll gear? Adult women, sure. Babygirls, yeah, okay, fine, there's a lot of fetish shoe action, I get it. But doll? Has the doll community changed so much I no longer can recognize it?

Or does Dollholic mean not doll gear, but just--"Daddy's little dolly", in which case...all the DD/lg action makes sense, but...it's still disappointing.

This is evidence of how much going through this event depressed me--I didn't even bother to pull these into Gimp and throw frames around them.

I don't think I'm going to cover Dollholic past this.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...