23 September, 2008

how many gods does it take to screw in the likes of me?

The Gamers: Dorkness Rising is now for sale! What's stopping you? GO BUY IT!

*coughs*

I mean, this is very, very wrong. And not wrong on Cheetah's part, wrong on the two...*ahem*...gentlefolk on the bed. (Miss Jameson is right--this link? Sooo not safe for work.)

I want to talk a little about Absinthe & Arsenic, however. They have their own sim now, Draco Isle, and to date there's not a lot of the build completed--but the club is, and the club's open.

Photobucket

(Dancing during the Craziest Hair event.)

There are six dance poles on the dance floor--two in each corner of the front of the floor, one in the center, and three in a row along the back. They have one each of the two three-set dances from Sexy Jesse's, and an Intan couples' dance machine floating between the house dance machines--one rigged for women in red, one rigged for more "masculine" dances in black.

Photobucket

(The prices for..."private sessions"...are remarkably reasonable, and they don't go out of their way to throw dancers at you. They encourage clients to IM the dancer that interests them the most, and ask there if they are in the group that hires out. Somewhat elegantly done.)

They've also decorated their new space in lovely, rich dark woods, and deep-toned velvets and leathers. Rich glossy finishes on everything that make the new club a comfortable, warm space to be.

All in all, the dancers are pretty, the hosts are friendly, the crowd usually doesn't irritate me beyond all things, and to date, the music has not disappointed--a convivial mix of old-school goth, metal, industrial, sprinkled with new dance and goth music options.

I don't know who, beyond me, was looking for a good strip club to make my new hangout, but I'm fairly sure I've found it. And I'm glad I did.

4 comments:

Rhianon Jameson said...

"I mean, this is very, very wrong. And not wrong on Cheetah's part, wrong on the two...*ahem*...gentlefolk on the bed."

That is hilarious - but thank God I had the good sense not to click through at work!

Emilly Orr said...

Oh, oops.

I'll, err, change that. I thought the allusion to the bed would be enough, but yes, some of my content needs warning labels. :)

Rhianon Jameson said...

The reference to the bed gave me the clue that perhaps it wasn't work safe - but I had not guessed the extent of the...issue. :)

Emilly Orr said...

*grins*

Well, corrected now.

Still and all, though, even from a non-Caledonian perspective--completely stripping down in a furniture store just is not done. There are times and places for that--the shopping mall is not one of them.

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...