19 December, 2020

through the trees I will find you, I will heal the ruins left inside you

Announcement came over the wires, that new favorite find of mine, the Aruba Deep merfolk, was holding a Druid ritual circle. Really? I was intrigued. Dress requested was tribal, or ritual, and I figured I'd rather wear something more or less resembling ritual gear, than leather and furs; nothing wrong with the latter, I just wanted a different look. And time ticked down until the ritual, where I ported in to a ton of people holding torches. Fun.
[11:59] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: ready [jxxx] ?
[11:59] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: aye!
[12:00] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: ok lets go
druid-ritual1

The ritual itself was simple and effective, and after that, the circle dance began. All the pictures for this entry were taken during the dance.
[12:01] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx shouts: I light this fire in your honour Mother Goddess. You have created life from death, warmth from cold.
[12:01] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx lights the left incense with the torch, waiting to see the smoke curl. Leaning over, she lights the right one, smiling to see it burn.
druid-ritual2

Faces old and new, familiar and never glimpsed before, spun with me around the central fire.
[12:02] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: Since the beginning of time, we have gathered in this season to celebrate the rebirth of the Sun. On the Winter Solstice, the darkest of nights,
[12:02] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: The Goddess becomes the Great Mother and once again gives birth to the Sun and the new yearly cycle,
Bringing new light and hope to all on Earth.
druid-ritual3

The torches were an interesting touch. Some brought walking or working staffs. Some wore modern clothes, some wore bones and beads, but we all shared a purpose.
[12:02] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: On the longest night of winter,
and the dark night of our souls,
[12:02] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: there springs the new spark of hope,
[12:02] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: the Sacred Fire, the Light of the World.
druid-ritual4

Curses, I was caught taking pictures! Though the thought does occur--how was I caught? I guess he's just that good.
[12:03] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: We gather tonight to await the new light.
[12:03] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: On this night, the Maiden, who is also Mother and Crone, prepares to welcome the Sun.
[12:03] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx: Let's now prepare to welcome the new light within.
druid-ritual5

The fellow behind Aruba Deep surprised me again--in addition to human and merman, he also does a fair imitation of Herne. Considering my other favorite new find, the Wandering Star, is a genial pagan club, and its owner and main DJ, Verdant Homewood, is a perpetual horned satyr...

Okay, Horned One, I'm listening. I thought you stopped talking.
[12:03] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx takes the sprig of mistletoe, cut that day in the sacred grove, and places it on the fire, raising her arms, she invokes the blessing:
[12:03] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx shouts: The Sun lives once again, the time of light is waxing.
We invite you, Great Mother, to our circle.
Bring us new light, the light of your glorious Son."
druid-ritual6

And Crim Mip was the DJ again for this event, and it was the first time I'd seen him human. Interesting. He played a great set for the event, too--everything from Omnia, XTC and Jethro Tull to Spiral Dance, Nox Arcana and the HU. Impressive.
[12:04] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx turns, smiling to the people gathered, opening her arms wide to them all, "Come, let us dance in celebration of the Light!"
[12:04] Jxxxxx Kxxxxx smiles wide
[12:04] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx shouts: ok lets dance
[12:05] Jxxxxx Dxxxxxxx: please join the circle
And dance we did, welcoming the return of the virtual sun at least, which is prelude to the RL celebration for me, in a few days. Still, it felt good. Even dancing on virtual earth reaffirms our connection to earth, sea and sky. I was glad I went.

And remember...

winter-solstice-listen


1 comment:

Milasha said...

Dating chats are good way to get acquainted with new people while remaining anonymous at the same time. You dont need to register, mention your real name, etc. Just have fun while chatting. Adore such function of online dating rooms. catholic dating

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...