03 December, 2020

take my breath as your own, take my eyes to guide you home (part one)

So, I've been involved with the Aruba people for a bit, now--I even turned in an entry on their marvelous ballroom a while back--but today was the grand opening of their new dance space, Club Aruba Deep.

club-aruba-open5

Now, I don't know how it's going to operate from here--right now, it's a platform over the wide Aruban sea, and it's going to switch off between landlubber events (today's) and dances for the finned (so does that mean this platform drops? Who knows?)

club-aruba-open1

It's a lovely build. I've never been the market for sun and sand and palm trees, but it's pretty.

club-aruba-open6

The DJ today was Crim Mip--never heard him before, he's good, but the REALLY amazing thing? The suit he was wearing was ANIMATED:

Club-Aruba-Crim-Mip

It's a terrible gif, but it gives some idea of what it did in person. Awesome.

club-aruba-open2

I didn't grab names for everyone, 'cos that's not usually the point these days? But Svetlana Salomon threw off her fins for the event, and I caught that because she came in with stunning silver scales.

(And that dress, I learned later? Changes COLORS. Also amazing.)

club-aruba-open4

They went all out on particle effects, too. One setting spawned random words--I caught "PARTY" and "DANCE" before the effect shifted--while another tossed sprays of silver stars or red dots. And then there was this one, which spawned an entire planetary system to float overhead.

club-aruba-open3
[13:09] Jon (jonform.coeur): try it on midnight setting it looks cool
And...ooh. He's not wrong. (He also owns the Aruba Deep sim, or at least, the clubs over and undersea.)

Though wau, you can really tell who still believes in facelights...

club-aruba-open11

[14:04] Svetlana Salomon: Is it like in the movie with Kevin Costner? When all the world is ocean, and when he dives down you see flooded cities heehee ㋡
[14:04] Jon (jonform.coeur): hmm kind of

So I cammed down to check.

And...that deserves its own entry, frankly. Onward!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...