18 August, 2022

now we're so young, but we're probably gonna die

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, Evo X edition. Not to be used with system heads.

Okay, okay, I get it, these are going to require more than just adjustment. Though I am now laughing hysterically.

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, for standard mesh heads

Better, but still not perfect. Much as I'm not happy with it, I pulled out a mesh head to show the rest off...

It's a lot easier to see the metal fittings without the reddish facelight (which is default for this outfit), so took that off, too.

The Garmonbozia Divinity Halo (Eye 2, natch, I couldn't pass up the spinning eye-in-pyramid) behind the horns does not come with them, sorry. That's mine.

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, in Darkmere.

So I'm currently in the Standing Stones in Darkmere. Don't worry if you don't recognize the avatar as me--it's not, actually. It's a quick-n-dirty mod on LeLutka's Lilly head. Not my best work, but I can cope for adjusting horns, yeah?

But I hate this face. Pouty wench.

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, in Darkmere.

And these are the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from /Vae Victis\.

Now, I still prefer horns buried in hair, but--for something designed to (mostly) work with the existing skin, this is impressive.

(Though I still maintain--you put up standing stones, people are gonna invoke things. It's the law, or something.)

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, in Darkmere.

She's so suspicious.

But, as with all things Grim-designed, there are TONS of opportunities for customization. This set, in fact (I'll show you later in another image), comes with options to make it etched and aged, in a variety of hues, as well as simple color tones. And everything has its own section.

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns from Vae Victis, in Darkmere.

You do have to know how to mod things. And straight out of the box--I refer you back to the first image--you likely won't get good results. BOM skins are a necessity, and while there are horn options that will work with system heads (since I still mostly have one), NONE of the other horns work with that. But if you've got a head you like, and a little bit of modification knowledge...you're gold.

Did I mention there's a tinting HUD for these? Because of course there is.

the 'Tyrant' Crown horns hud from Vae Victis.

Twenty-three colors for the horns themselves, twenty for the crest, twenty for metal, twelve for the gems, and twelve for the central orb. This? This is also impressive.

You can find them at Enchantment right now, for L$480--which, honestly, is still a bargain for this level of customization and texturing. They're gorgeous.

And this entire endeavor was written to PARANOiD DJ's "Use Me Up" on repeat, in case people are curious on that sort of thing.

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...