16 March, 2020

you look as good as the day I met you, I forget just why I left you, I was insane (part one)

This one's going to be odd, because as far as I can tell, Mr. Brite doesn't have a store? And there's nothing on his profile that mentions a shop on Marketplace, either.

But at one of the Friday dances, I struck up a conversation on the vagaries of Blender (and my struggles to relearn said program), in regards to designing mesh on my own, instead of simply relying on templates. Ed Brite (edbrite) is a scripter, and does some design work himself, and ended up passing me a folder called "New Flamingo". Which had me all a-flutter, because I have an occasionally disturbing level of devotion to that dorky bird.



But, turns out that's just the dress name? And instead, he made them for a Valentine's offering. Still, I thought I'd pass on a review, in case he does end up creating a little shop for his work.

(Also, oof--I ended up with 31 pictures. Not kidding. So this is going to be...several entries' worth, I think.)

So here we go.

flamingo1

First off, they're all using the same template--a simple strapless minidress with attached drop sleeves. It's not a bad style, and I think it's flattering for a lot of body types--I wear a Maitreya body, but I push it towards the curvy, which it's not really designed for? And all of these are shown on the Maitreya mesh body. But Ed did ask what body I wore, so I'm assuming he has these for at least the major mesh bodies on the market.

This one is an all-over tone-on-tone heart print, in a centered pale orange to medium orange centered ombre hue. He named it "Flamingo Mini Heart01j".

flamingo2

Same thing, in a deep merlot, or at least wine red, centered ombre with the tone-on-tone heart print. This is "Flamingo Mini Heart01mr".

flamingo3

This is the first actual two-tone pattern in the folder, with the wine red background, again, and curving white hearts swirling on top. It's called "Flamingo Mini Heart01W".

Pictures in order: flamingo4

Now this one, this is a lovely pale seafoam shade, with the all-over heart print. It's rare to find this delicate a green in Second Life, and it's lovely to see. Ed named this "Flamingo Mini Heart02j".
flamingo5
This one's pretty much the reverse of 01W, in this case a white background with curving wine hearts swirling on top. It's called "Flamingo Mini Heart02W".

flamingo6
Is this the same shade? It had a different name, so I snapped a pic of it, but is it actually different from 01j? Maybe it's a slightly darker orange? Maybe? I'm just not sure.

On to part two!

(All pictures taken in the Faerie Grotto.)

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...