12 June, 2019

i got a compass in my arm, I got a needle in my heart

Quote of the day:
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist."
~Hélder Câmara
In other news, lady out of the blue offers to port me somewhere. This continually weirds me out, especially if I've never met the person in question.
[13:58] Emilly Orr: Whyforso? I'm at work.
[13:58] Emilly Orr: Now if you want to come to my work, great....
[13:58] lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: ok never mind i thought you were where you wanted the board to be slapped
Ah, I get it now. I'd been talking in one of my groups about a particular hair MM board, and the avatar who could not manage to link a simple SLUrl so any of us could actually get there.

And yes, even with my explaining in the simplest terms possible--namely, Open map. Find 'Copy SLUrl' button. Hit button. Go to group chat. Hit paste.

Is that hard?
[13:58] Emilly Orr: No, not at all. I'm hosting a dance at Sakura.
[13:58] lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: np
[13:59] Emilly Orr smiles
[13:59] Emilly Orr: Sorry about that?
[13:59] lxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: didnt read properly
Reading incomprehension, it's apparently a thing.

Need a poster for something? I think Canva may have you covered, but they really, really want you to buy a pro account, so your choices on free seem to be "accept logo stamped on work" and "stare at it then leave", because...ya can't save. That's a problem.

In more personal news...I was finally able to listen to Carnival of Rust again. In tracking down the link to that song, I discovered I can also watch the video again, which used to be the most massive heart punch, and would reduce me to tears for several years after...well, after.

I don't know entirely what that says. I regained the ability to listen to VNV Nation about two years after that particular relationship imploded. Curiously, I was able to listen to Thrice's Artist in the Ambulance only six months after the vampire idiot died and was resurrected.

Does it speak to the intensity of the relationship? Perhaps. It's been seven years, after all, since I stopped being able to listen to Poets of the Fall. Or perhaps some things cut more deeply than others. And maybe it's the difference in musical tone--Thrice tends to write hard rock, VNV Nation writes chill electronica, by and large, and Poets...they write from a place of emotion, they always have. Usually strong emotion, and very rarely positive.

Perhaps that's why? I don't know. I'm not thinking that much on the whys, frankly, because that would lead me to a place of overthinking. Some things don't have clear answers. This may be one of those things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It took me awhile after a break-up I had to listen to Cake again. Yet, the same relationship brought me Stadium Arcadium. I never lost the ability to listen to that album, with the very CDs they had gifted me.

Though, maybe it was because while the album was something for us, it was only a single song that we made ours. That one still hurts, not as completely anymore but at least in a sharp numb reminder of something I lost, and someone I loved.

I get that a lot these days, new relationships, fresher wounds. Regrets, or no — not regrets, but hollowness at the thoughts and reminders, music, song, outfits, so many things, of something I forgot, someone I love.

There are no clear answers. The best I could guess is that it isn't the intensity, its the lingering feelings. Still loving that person, or even hating that person. Especially when they aren't in your life anymore. Because it's like a death, a goodbye, another casualty in the train-wreck love life.

And that went longer than I meant it too. I'm sorry.

Emilly Orr said...

That's fine, I don't mind. Strangely, Blogspot is no longer notifying me when Anon comments come in. That is argh.

But I agree, I think it's less about the music and more about the feelings. Or at least, the processing, post-breakup.

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...