04 May, 2011

the neighbors they tell secrets, the neighbors they tell lies

[05:46 PM] Fainora Pussycat thinking her drawing may not be enough catches and leaves a dead mousie on the coffin
[05:46 PM] Vina [Davina Innovia]: LoL
[05:46 PM] Azriel Demain: >.>
[05:47 PM] Fainora Pussycat: no good? i felt mouse was appropriate, dead bird is more of a wedding gift
[05:47 PM] Emilly Orr: Aww.
[05:47 PM] Vina [Davina Innovia] giggles
[05:48 PM] Emilly Orr: Don't worry, maybe it will become an undead mousie.
[05:49 PM] Emilly Orr: Running around squeaking in a high sepulchral echoey voice.
[05:49 PM] Eden Pyrithea: lol
[05:50 PM] Fainora Pussycat hides from the undead mousie
[05:53 PM] Deoridhe Quandry lures undead mouse with undead cheese! 8D
[05:53 PM] Fainora Pussycat: silly deo, you need brain cheese to lure an undead mousie


Some groups I stay in because the designer's a friend, some groups because I need rezzing rights on the land, and some groups--like Falln--I stay in because the people are a kick. Whether I agree or disagree, they are, in general, bright, vivacious people with strong opinions. Plus, it's also partially a roleplay group. While I don't participate in the storyline, per se, I love when I drop something into the chat and they run with it.

And yes, more Minecraft! Specifically, the arrow series.

(from the Minecrafting album)

Arrows function oddly in multiplayer--or at least, they function oddly for me. I see them hanging in midair, eternally being fired, and they persist for minutes. This is one example of what I'm seeing, but it doesn't really come close, because each photographed image captures what the server sees, not what I'm seeing--instead of the arrows being fired you see, I see each arrow position at the same time.

So it looks like Hank or Fawkes fired thousands of arrows at their prey, instead of just one, or two...or five.

(from the Minecrafting album)

Even stranger, they persist long after the battle's over. I have stood in place, watching the arrows rain down on participants that have either died, or wandered away long past the point I'm watching the arrows sing through the air.

(from the Minecrafting album)

In fact, as this animation shows, the arrows are still hanging in midair when the participants--in this case, Fawkes--wander in to figure out what I'm standing and staring at.

(from the Minecrafting table)

And of course, Fawkes being Fawkes, he had to walk up and poke me to make sure I was still there.

He could have just asked.

(from the Minecrafting album)

And then Fawkes found a slime!

Okay, not on the surface, slimes only spawn in the deep deep spaces. But we'd found a deep deep space--a seemingly endless series of caverns that tangled and twisted around each other, replete with resources and monsters. It took a long, long time to track through each corridor and light everything.

Honestly, I'm not sure we have completely, weeks later.

(from the Minecrafting album)

This is another shot, taken when we circled around the slime from the other side. Turns out in addition to a slime large enough to push us into the lava without even touching us, there were deposits of lapis, redstone, and coal to be had, and, on the far side you can't see in this shot, gold and iron.

The problem with a lot of the deposits, though, was--how were we going to fight the slime and dig things out of the walls without losing the resources gained to lava? It was a puzzlement.

No comments:

hide away, they say, 'cos we don't want your broken parts

Yeah, so...remember that thing I was recovering from? You know, last year ? Yeah. I did it again. So this is Em Faw Down Go Boom part ...