13 January, 2020

you been leaving, spending all your money, then you didn't bring no coffee home

This one is not getting anonymized (on store name, avatars will still be changed), for reasons that will become obvious.
[11:43] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: astrology is gone?
[11:44] Emilly Orr: Shouldn't be.
Granted, the Astrology Hair group isn't overly chatty on the best days, and I did scroll back and read what was the last chat I received, and it was back in December, for the end of the hair Advent. Even so, I've dropped by twice for two sales events in January and the store was still there.
[11:45] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i went to the place i had been going for the advent and it is not there
Interesting. So I ported to the sim. Turns out it's currently Decoy's main store. How very odd.
[11:45] Emilly Orr: Interesting. SL had a problem with remapping last week, either 'losing' sims (so you couldn't port there at all) or redirecting to other sims entirely, which seems to be what happened this time.
[11:45] Gxxxxx Fxxxxx: The website is gone
[11:46] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: it takes me to a building
[11:46] Emilly Orr: It takes you to Decoy, not the same business. Different sim, too.
I knew that because by that time, I'd decided to port to the last SLUrl I used, which dropped me next to Ms. D at the Decoy front door.
[11:46] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i think it is the same location, different business
[11:47] Nxxx Gxxxxx: frowning-emoji-shadowed
[11:47] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: may be what was under it?
At this point I'd pulled up the store owner's profile, and checked out what I could get to online. The Marketplace store is still up. But the website is...not there. Or, well, something IS there, but it's not for the store.
[11:48] Emilly Orr: That's very interesting. Astrology's website now redirects to a soccer team, it looks like.
[11:48] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: maybe they let it expire?
[11:48] Emilly Orr: Or were hacked?
[11:48] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: pretty abrupt
[11:48] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: possibly
[11:49] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: that was my next guess since it was so sudden
You're not kidding. And no notice, no one's heard from the store owner today.
[11:49] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: but they must have closed... b/c the sim isn't there iether
[11:49] xxxxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: she closed it.
[11:49] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: would have been nice to tell us
[11:49] Emilly Orr: You know that for sure?
Since she didn't say anything else, I'm assuming she doesn't and was just fear-mongering.
[11:50] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i did an ara search and a bunch of stuff came up
[11:50] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: not sure if it's the store or what
[11:51] jxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: never fails i pay to join a group and then bam they decide to close it, this would be the 2nd one
[11:52] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: wekk ont give up yet b/c all the hair is somepladce i can areas serach to
[11:53] jxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: lets hope, she is just redesigning it
[11:53] jxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: or something like all that
[11:53] Emilly Orr: I'd give it a few days before people start dumping the group. Maybe there will be a reason.
And I'm holding to that.
[11:54] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i was able to register for the mini though it's not likely to lock since i'm camming in
[11:54] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: stuff is still here
[11:54] Emilly Orr: Really? I never even made it to the actual sim.
[11:54] Bdxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: and 5 other people found it before me
[11:54] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i am not there
[11:54] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i'm still in decoy, camming to what i area searched to
[11:54] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: if only there was a chair here
[11:54] Emilly Orr: Ah.
[11:58] dxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: here. i have hair on the brain [12:03] Cxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: shop is here Iridescent (202,154,1582)
From the numbers, it seems like the store's close to, but not at, Decoy's map location. Which is very strange, two stores should not be on the same parcel unless they're part of a mall, or something. I dropped by again, ended up in front of Decoy's main door again, walked inside, and started camming, but had to leave to prepare for a dance. So not sure what's cammable from that point, either.
[12:08] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: i cannot tp to that location
[12:09] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: no, that tp takes me to 1574
Right, because Decoy has a locked port point.
[12:10] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: even if i tp from somewhere else
[12:10] jxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: hmmm i ended up at decoy
[12:11] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: may be the new store
It's not. Decoy is a separate store, and it's been on the grid far longer than just today.
[12:11] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: there is hair upsatirs of this store
[12:13] pxxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: thesotre is directly above the decoy store
[12:14] jxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxx: oh ok
So I'll check it out and see what I can see, and if I hear anything from the store owner, I'll update this. In the meantime, if anyone's heard anything, do let me know!

No comments:

I've got a three day headache and it's all in my head

It's the 30th of March. One day before Ostara. And there's been a lot of...well. Conversations like the one below. [18:43] Emil...