13 April, 2023

I looked across the room and saw a face shining in the dark

So because Grim loves us, even when we do madcap things like go to his store and take over his throne, or (somehow) get wedged between Grim and said throne, he gives us some stellar group gifts. This is the latest.

The Lost Lenore...glasses.

May I present the "Lenore" Tombstone Spectacles from /Vae Victis\.

Tombstone specs!

So bit of explanation, because normally I move at least a little during photo shoots. I was in the Slippy Ship (that name still makes me giggle) that is the live music venue in Aphrodite. See, when the Fender sim returned to the mists--the one that was a HUGE performance space for the Dirty Grind collective--a lot of us scrambled to find new places for folks to play. Some of the folks behind Hotel Chelsea set up new performance dates for music and poetry in a couple of venues, and in the meantime, Tannhauser's Countess pondered if the bar on the scrappy little moon drawn into Tanis' orbit might work. We decided, in discussions with performers, that Wednesdays could work, so most Wednesdays now, the sets start at four pm SLT with either Corwyn Allen or Justinejohndory Amethyst, followed by Gypsy Dhrua, usually followed by Effinjay, or sometimes just Frogg Marlowe solo.

I haven't been able to make all of them, but the ones I have are starting to have that same feel that the Grind has--slightly run-down, graffitied art on the walls, and good music to groove to.

The group gift from Vae Victis.

The down side, for me, is some nights...volume hurts. Like, I want to listen, but...some nights the headache interferes. So rather than be dancing on the lower floor, I was on a couch upstairs in the gallery.

The group gift from Vae Victis.

And no, I don't know who the fellow was behind me. But here's the HUD, which features five separate parts that can be tinted seven different shades, to go with any conceivable look.

The group gift from Vae Victis.

All in all, these are simple, elegant, and gorgeous. And, with the glasses being mod, they can be shrunk for Dinkies and tinies, or slightly enlarged for furry snouts. They'll work either way.

So how do you get your grabby paws on these? Nothing simpler--drop by the mainstore (linked above), and join the group. It'll cost you a ten-spot, but after that, you can pick these up free. Yay all around!

On a pale horse

Now if you'll excuse me, more tests on the morrow, so off the keys I go! Onward!

No comments:

I wanna live a vibrant life, but I wanna die a boring death

This is the..."Ham Tree"...at LORE . It's a group gift. Mesmer's love of meat where meat should not be is spreading... ...