The Train Wreck Love Life
15 June, 2024
and that's when the world seemed to stop (part one)
Today...is the day. Or at least today will be a good start? Maybe a good start. I have no idea, I'm standing in the cam sim for this round of Cyber Fair.

Sight-seeing the Cyber Fair.

This may not be the full line-up-and-comparison shoefest I had planned? I now own at least a third of the really high and/or really weird platforms on the grid, so I really want them shown off SOMEwhere. And might as well run the demos while I'm at it, because I'm certain sure I'm not going to keep ALL of them. Demo or actual platform, that is a LOT of weird fetish footwear to dump in my inventory! (Azoury and Madame Noir, I'm looking at you.)

The Daitengu Tall Geta set from Vae Victis.

So first off, I forgot to do a thing. I like to show whatever it is straight out of the box, untouched--so to speak. This time, I didn't, because I so rarely use the flat-footed option for Maitreya these days, there was a lot of height adjusting that seemed necessary. So, out of the box, added, considered, tinted shades to match the whole frosted oiran look, then--even though these are the shorter version--I shortened them further.

The Daitengu Tall Geta set from Vae Victis.

Ten colors for the hanao (the padded straps), ten colors for the dai (the angled, wooden flat piece in traditional geta), and a full twenty-two colors for the ha (the raised stilt portion). And each pairing there features a plain wooden stilt, or one that's the same tone, but has an inset with either etched art in the wood, or ink-painted motifs.

The Daitengu Tall Geta set from Vae Victis.

Ooh. I feel dizzy all the way up here.

The Daitengu Tall Geta set from Vae Victis.

Now, adjustments, color changes, and panel art!

Some of the inset art panels for the Daitengu Tall Geta set from Vae Victis.

Well...four pieces of panel art. This took me a LOT longer than I thought, so this is not all the etched or painted panels on the Daitengu geta, and I'm hoping to get to the rest tomorrow! It's now far too close to four am for my liking, so I'm off to rest the injured brain and everything it's trying to control. See you for part two!

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Emilly Orr @ June 15, 2024  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Emilly Orr
Home: Portland, Pacific Northwest, United States
About Me: There is no train. That's why it's real. In RL, I put words together with other words and fabric together with other fabrics, and sew everything together. Married in two worlds, mostly happy in two worlds, shrine maiden of Belopa in my off time (watch, uh, this for, uh...explanation??). Sarcasm is more than a hobby, it's closer to a lifelong avocation.
what passes for description
what came before
archival details
truth of the moment

“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.”
(Friedrich Nietzsche)

wanderings through aether
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER